Question on Supplement Ingredients

StephanieKunz

Hi! Could you please tell me if these supplements are compliant?

I have a fish oil which contains natural tocopherols, beef gelatin, glycerin in addition to the fish oil (Carlson Elite Omega 3)

Nature's Way Cranberry (which I really need because I have recurring UTIs) which also contains magnesium stearate and silica

and Source Naturals Daily Essential Enzymes with cellulose, calcium sulfate, stearic acid, silica, and magnesium stearate

(also a probiotic I may use which has gelatin and silica)

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi Stephanie - I don't see where anyone responded to this, so maybe it's a toughie.  The only thing I know for sure is that glycerin is a form of sugar, so that particular supplement would be out (unless of course it is part of a regimen prescribed by your health care provider).  Gelatin should be fine.  

Any reason you can't drink unsweetened cranberry juice instead of taking an extract?  I found that very helpful for UTIs.  As for the other stuff, if you're eating Whole30, you're probably doing a lot more for your gut health than supplemental probiotics ever could.  In general, I think you'll find the Whole30 stance on supplements is that there are very few (apart from possibly wild fish oil - and again, you could just eat more fish - and magnesium) that you truly need when you are nourishing your body with real, good food.

Good luck to you - I'm also searching the answer on cellulose and magnesium stearate.  I'm trying to source some alternative B vitamins, since mine contain glycerin.  However, since I take the vitamin B-complex for energy support, I'm hoping that after a Whole30 I won't need it!

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Archived