Alcohol and legumes

AprilLynne

So the first two reintroductions are Alcohol and legumes.  I don't drink any alcohol (hate the taste), the only time a consume it is when I use it to cook, in which case most of the alcohol is cooked off.

I also eat very little legumes (this time a texture issue, just don't like them), but I do have green beans and peanut butter occasionally (i.e. once very couple of months).

Should I just skip those two groups, and test either the peanut butter or green beans IF I actually eat them again?

Also, I am a huge fan of ice cream and chocolate and would like to know how I react to those.  I am doing a separate sugar reintro as outlined on pg. 133 in Whole 30 for my own curiosity.  When should I check chocolate (I prefer 72%-82% cocoa), and when should I test ice cream??

Thanks!!  I want to do this right so that I really understand how my body handles these foods :o)

By green beans, do you mean string beans? Those are Whole30 compliant.

You can test in whatever order you want.

It's only necessary to test the foods you'd like to eat again or are curious about.

On the chocolate/sugar/ice cream question, I would test sugar first, then chocolate, then ice cream (esssentially working your way up to ice cream, since it contains sugar and may or may not contain chocolate.)

I thought you were testing sugar independently, following the Whole30 page you cited?

Depending what chocolate you test, it may or may not contain dairy (or soy, for that matter).

If all you care about is peanut butter, sugar, chocolate and ice cream, you could give each of those their own days.

Chris - yes! Back to my original post, that was why I was asking if I should do the chocolate and ice cream on the sugar or dairy day. Again, in the original post, I rarely eat peanut butter and the rest I am doing according to the reintroduction format, minus the alcohol and probably the legumes day.

Was wondering if chocolate and ice cream should be included in sugar or dairy day, or on there own down the road :0)

• Moderators

I'd do ice cream as dairy, and try to find an ice cream that doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff (cookie dough ice cream, for instance, would have at the very least gluten grains, others might have dyes or carrageenan or other stuff). 

Chocolate I'd do as sugar, unless you just really want a sugar day and a separate chocolate day.

Archived