timing workout meals

kaila_ann

Starting Whole 30 on September 1st! My question is when should i eat my pre/post workout meals? I typically workout at 9pm because I work 2 jobs and go to school and that seems like the only time I can fit in to go. Should I be eating that late afterwards? What are good pre/post meal ideas? preferably ones on the go. Any tips?

I've been cooking a bunch of chicken breasts, cutting them up and keeping them in an ice chest for post-workout snack. I also do elk burgers made with sweet potato in them, or salmon cakes with sweet potato. Then all you have to do is grab one thing, I totally understand. I know there is a rule about "no hand to mouth" or on the go eating, but in order for me to get my workout in and get back to my kids (or work) sometimes it is a necessity. Ice chest goes everywhere with me! Pre-workout I've been doing bone broth. I used to not eat pre-run but instead of doing all fasted runs I've been having a mug of bone broth in the AM before my run. So far my body is loving that.

Archived