Day 1

quotidianlight

I lived a low carb paleo lifestyle losing 50 lbs and keeping it off for two years before I crashed and burned. A couple weeks after a ran my first ultra marathon in fell off my chair at work and slammed by foot into a metal box. The injury developed into a neuroma and at this point it is scarred.

I had to quit running and cross fit after repeated attempts to return once my foot felt a tad better. Since I didn't have insurance or cash I got really depressed. I emotional eating and eating disorder relapse for months but finished failing when my mom died. I know distance running isn't physically health but it's my heart and soul... It's who I am.

I get surgery on Oct 12 and my body is sick. Really sick. Too sick to heal well. I want to run again so I started my whole 30 yesterday at 5:00 pm. Because of hormonal disturbance, the nerve damage in my foot, food allergies and asthma I am using the auto immune protocol and i'm going to need a lot of support. I have just shy of 100lbs to lose but my real goal is to run again.

Btw, I'm on my phone so please excuse any typos.

Thanks. I know it will reverse the damage I've done since I was paleo in the past but this is hard for me psychologically. I've been trying to get back to paleo for two years but I guess having a surgery date and knowing how much better i'll heal was just what I needed. Or perhaps it's cause I no longer feel helpless. Regardless I know. I'll stick this time cause I'm here and I don't reach out.

Archived