Quick Meal Ideas

MrsMarks

HELP!

I need some easy and quick meals - Also.. On a budget, so affordable ingredients would be helpful!

I am currently working 50+ hours a week and start my day at 4:30am, Breakfast, Gym, Work, No Break (I do eat though), and I feel drained coming home around 6:30, cooking dinner, eating, cleaning, prepping for lunch the next day, going to bed... no time for me to just relax or quilt as I love to do. 

I am awful at making enough dinner for leftovers, I feel like the more I make the more my husband and I eat. 

On day 18 I realize how expensive eating clean is.. without being able to throw rice or beans into the things I make. I DO feel really good I just need something to ease the bank a little. 

I need anything quick and easy - Croc pot - Oven-One Pot - Anything would help. 

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

How about this article?  I'm sure there are others... google 'whole 30 quick meals' and see what you can find!

http://whole30.com/2015/01/best-whole30-recipes-keep-simple-sweetheart/

There's this one too but I have not clicked on all the links so please vett each recipe you choose to make for whole30 compliance just like you would read labels.

http://lifemadefull.com/40-simple-whole30-recipes/

There's also this one which is just crockpot recipes.  I googled 'whole 30 crockpot'

http://whole30.com/2014/11/best-whole30-recipes-baby-cold-outside/

I don't work as many hours as you but I am up by 5:00am commute for an hour to work then go straight to the gym after work and I don't get home sometimes until 7-8pm. I do a massive cook up on Sunday so I have enough to last me most of the week. Last weekend I just cooked up a bunch of veggies by roasting or a slight steam, cooked up some meat, some sauces and a stew & a soup in the crockpot. We still have plenty left to last us to the weekend. Google ClothesMakesTheGirl, she has some excellent tips on easy affordable solutions to quick Whole30 meals.

I like another member's quick meal of your tomato/meat sauce thrown over green beans instead of zoodles.

Ultra quick.  On the fly and on the cheap, too. 

I do this recipe too and use organic green beans from Costco and stir fry them in coconut oil. Then pour meat sauce over top.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the ideas!

I decided to share one I did last week.

Spaghetti Sauce and Frozen (Homemade and compliant) meat balls & about 1/2 cup water in the croc. Slice Spagetti Squash in half and set in croc and put on low for 4 hours and warm for the remaining 5 until I get home - Shred the squash when I get home and eat. YUM

If I'm worried about my husband or me snarfing up dinner leftovers and not having anything for lunch, I'll pull my lunch portion from the skillet/pan/whatever right after it's done cooking and then stick it in the fridge. If it's out of sight, we never miss it.

• Administrators

If I'm worried about my husband or me snarfing up dinner leftovers and not having anything for lunch, I'll pull my lunch portion from the skillet/pan/whatever right after it's done cooking and then stick it in the fridge. If it's out of sight, we never miss it.

We do this too.  When we are at the kitchen serving our dinner onto our plates, I also have us serve our lunches into our containers at the same time and put whatever remains into storage containers.  This helps in speeding the cleanup process after we eat too so that all the dishes are empty and ready to wash!

I do this, and I write DO NOT EAT on a label on the lid. Just so there's no ambiguity about the situation!

Archived