Weight loss

ernest

what is the average weight loss after the 30 days for a man? I am on day #8 and I already can feel it in my clothes. I also have been walking for 25 minutes every other day. I hope that also helps. I need to lose a lot of weight. So far I feel great    

• Moderators

what is the average weight loss after the 30 days for a man? I am on day #8 and I already can feel it in my clothes. I also have been walking for 25 minutes every other day. I hope that also helps. I need to lose a lot of weight. So far I feel great    

We can't really tell you that. The focus here isn't on weight loss -- some folks lose a bunch, some lose a little, some stay the same, and some gain.

I understand needing to lose a lot of weight, but please try to focus on things like improved energy, more stable moods, clearer skin, fewer allergies, clothes fitting better -- here's a whole list of possibilities.

Also, please don't be disappointed if at some point in the next few days, those loose clothes are fitting a little tighter again -- this is pretty normal, and will go away.

I was about 250, and am on day 26... I haven't touched the scale, but dropping bread and anything fast food has made my belly about half what it was... I wasn't a soda drinker at all prior, but liked a good 6 pack of micro beer...

I literally know that the drop in me belly is due to the fact I stopped eating bread, and has nothing to do with not drinking alcohol...

I am Irish, and know the laws about quitters... It's not your typical jail... They tend to call you at 2 in the morning, expecting you to answer with a drunken speech... I act like the drunken guy on the Simpsons and hope they buy it...

Hello all

Thanks for the feed back, I just trying to lose some weight and I thought by doing this program I could feel great and lose weight. I am on day nine and feel good im not over all the craving just yet but feel great anyway.  

Hey texasbred

I'm from San Antonio TX. and if your familiar with this area you know there is alot of good mexican food. I am hispanic and doing this program really changes my whole diet. I know change is a good thing but my main goal is still to lose the weight. I am 51 years old and its not easy. I believe I can reaaly change but will take time. Day 9 and counting.

Ernest 

Hey ernest!  You're just about 4 1/2 hrs. from me.  You aren't kidding about the Mexican food.  I LOVE Mexican food and I still eat it almost daily.  It isn't quite the same without cheese and beans, but you can modify most of it to fit the Whole30. 

Just keep at it and you will be amazed at how much better you feel.  Don't get discouraged.

I am Irish, and know the laws about quitters... It's not your typical jail... They tend to call you at 2 in the morning, expecting you to answer with a drunken speech... I act like the drunken guy on the Simpsons and hope they buy it...

I'm Irish and I have no idea what you mean by this....  :wacko:

• Moderators

Robb Wolf has a recipe for plantain tortillas. Says they are delicious.

These would probably be treading pretty close to SWYPO... due to the no recreating baked goods rule:

No recreating baked goods, junk foods, or treats

We’ve discussed this extensively in It Starts With Food, on the website, and in a special chapter in our new book, The Whole30. While this rule isn’t as black-and-white as the other foods we list as off-limits (see the “a little of both” section for more details), there are some items we specifically call out as off-limits, whether you think you have an issue with these foods or not.

• Bread-like products:  bread, tortillas, biscuits, pizza crust, crepes, etc. made from alternative flours
  • Breakfast treats: pancakes, muffins, bagels, waffles, cereal
  • Baked treats: cake, cupcakes, cookies, brownies
  • Junk foods: deep fried or commercially prepared potato chips or French fries, ice cream
  • And this one recipe where eggs, date paste, and coconut milk are combined with prayers to create a thick, creamy concoction that can once again transform your undrinkable black coffee into sweet, dreamy caffeine.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2015/01/rules-recommendations/#sthash.3zdqQWus.dpuf

Archived