Coffee and coconut milk

Katka

• Moderators

FWIW, I've found compliant coconut milk in a carton ... it's really watery and flavorless. Ugh. I like Native Forest.

Luckily for us, the one I've found locally is 85% coconut and 15% water so it's a pretty high fat option... I've compared it to the 365 brand from Whole Foods and the fat content is pretty much exactly the same so it's a good deal.  I gather that we're pretty lucky to have found it tho!

Found the coconut milk at the Superstore near me. Awesome!! And thanks for the tips on the Freden sausages. I'll have to check them out. I have been looking for compliant sausages everywhere I go and could never find any. I thought for sure they were a thing of legends. :)

• Moderators

Found the coconut milk at the Superstore near me. Awesome!! And thanks for the tips on the Freden sausages. I'll have to check them out. I have been looking for compliant sausages everywhere I go and could never find any. I thought for sure they were a thing of legends. :)

Did you like the coconut milk?

• 2 weeks later...

The book says to put the canned coconut milk in the fridge and the cream that rises to the top you can use in recipes.  LIke ranch dressing etc.  Can I also use that cream in my coffee?

Sure you can but you might like to blend, I find that it sometimes separates.

I found a coconut milk creamer, is that ok to drink with my coffee? It's a new store item and I haven't seen anyone write about it. Thx

It would depend on the ingredients and whether it's trying to re-create a sugary creamer substitute - have you checked the ingredient list for compliance with the rules?

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I am really uncertain. I never know where I read, coffee, black tea and also green tea isn't allowed.

Can you help me? 

I am on the 3rd day of Whole30

Coffee, black tea, green tea & herbal teas are all allowed so long as the ingredients are compliant (ie. some fruit/herbal infusions may have added sugar or soy so please be sure to read labels) - and so long as only complaint milk is used (ie. cashew, almond or coconut - again please read labels for non compliant ingredients such as added sugars, vanilla, &/or carrageenan)

Archived