Car Kit

Lissa Kristine

So, my social life often involves things like last minute babysitting jobs and dinners at friends' houses. Occasionally, it may be something as simple as dropping something off for a friend and hanging out until it's dinnertime. 

My friends know that I'm planning this Whole30 thing, but I'm not going to make them cater to my needs AND the needs of their family whenever I'm invited over for a last minute dinner. I know they can be flexible to a degree (ie cooking up a bag of frozen broccoli instead of just having peas and corn- which I don't like anyway), but I need to be prepared anyway. 

If I'm babysitting, I can usually have enough notice to either pack dinner OR grab the ingredients to cook a compliant meal. However, I'm also looking for some ideas of things I can keep on hand as sort of an emergency kit for last-minute dinner invites. (This would also include little things like coconut butter packets so I can add a little healthy fat to a meal if I happen to eat out during my Whole30. 

I'm going to purchase an inexpensive plastic container to keep a few things in for emergencies. I figured a couple cans of tuna, some coconut butter, and maybe a Lara Bar or two would be a good start, but what else? I know there are "Emergency Kits" online, but shipping costs are outrageous, so I'd rather just throw together my own. 

(Besides, the kits online have seaweed snacks, and I cannot be trusted around those). 

Archived