rice bran oil and grapeseed oil

gambro

Rice bran oil is out due to the no grains rule. Grapeseed (Canola) oil isn't off limits per se but is not an optimum choice & is really only allowed on plan for the purposes of eating out.

Try fats like lard, duck fat, schmaltz, ghee, olive oil, coconut oil (refined if you don't like the taste/smell of coconut), and nut oils like macadamia, avocado & walnut for cooking.

Grapeseed oil is made from grape seeds, it's not rapeseed oil.

Rice bran oil is out due to the new grains rule. Grapeseed (Canola) oil isn't off limits per se but is not an optimum choice & is really only allowed on plan for the purposes of eating out.

Try fats like lard, duck fat, schmaltz, ghee, olive oil, coconut oil (refined if you don't like the taste/smell of coconut), and nut oils like macadamia, avocado & walnut for cooking.

Grapeseed oil is made from grape seeds, it's not rapeseed oil.

My mistake - twas early and my mind was thinking Rapeseed - my bad!!

That said grapeseed is still a highly processed oil & contains mostly omega 6 fatty acids - so still not a brilliant choice of fat.

I had to read it twice myself. I only pointed it out as I was not sure if it was permitted or not so did it for the clarification.

My mistake - twas early and my mind was thinking Rapeseed - my bad!!

That said grapeseed is still a highly processed oil & contains mostly omega 6 fatty acids - so still not a brilliant choice of fat.

Archived