Day 25 and some residual digestive discomfort

Wow, 25 days went by FAST! I am definitely feeling the tiger blood thing - I have never, ever felt this awesome and I am SO happy that I committed to this little "experiment," as I am pretty sure it was life-changing. I am not itching to start the re-introduction process and I may delay it a little bit since this has become such a wonderful routine and I'm feeling so amazing!

That said, I am wondering if it's normal to still have some digestive discomfort at this point. I've noticed that I have some occasional discomfort/tenderness where my gallbladder is located (underneath my ribcage on the right) and this seems to make some sense - I am coming off from a nearly no-fat vegetarian diet and I'm sure that my gallbladder has had to work harder than it ever has in my life to digest all of the delicious avocados, grass-fed beef and eggs I'm asking it to break down. While it's not at all debilitating (doesn't at all affect my concentration at work or happiness or mood throughout the day), it's limited my physical activity to interval training, weight-lifting and yoga/pilates because the intense cardio that used to comprise the majority of my workouts (spinning, 6+ mile runs) causes too much pain in my gut, even if I wait 5 hours after eating a meal.

I'm just going with it for now, enjoying the awesome energy and taking a break from the long runs while enjoying how much more weight I can comfortably lift - but I just wanted to make sure this isn't something I should be really concerned about.

It's wonderful how much less of a burden eating clean becomes the more time goes by - at this point, I can't imagine eating any other way!

• Moderators

Your self-analysis sounds reasonable to me... and the adjustments you've made to cope. I imagine things will improve with a little more time, but you might want to add a digestive aid like Now Foods Super Enzymes to your routine to help with digesting the increase of fat and protein.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya Phanniemae - it's actually all gone! I didn't get the digestive enzymes, but I really upped my sauerkraut intake and added some kombucha, too...

I've been clean for almost two months now, and I have zero digestive discomfort to speak of. :D

How's your Whole30 going?!

Ooo good idea on the booch and kraut! I could def use more kraut and am already a booch addict!! Its encouraging to hear that your pain went away. I have a similar persistent pain, mostly discomfort, and was a little worried about my gallbladder. Since I've had a few cheats in between w30 eating, I'll stick to being clean and let it work itself out. Thanks for your input : )

Archived