How much should I eat each day?

Eating too much or not enough is all on you... We all have different eating requirements, and they change... In week one, I was cheating by eating raisins when I was "dying" from a lack of sugar... That continued until week 2 when I was eating Blueberries by the handful... (Cheating because it is compliant, but you should find a different source for feeding the cravings)...

By week 3, I wasn't really thinking about the replacement sugars... Some might be, some might be fine in a few days...

You have to evaluate your individual situation... WRITE down everything... What you ate at blank time in the morning, what your feeling was before meal 2 at blank time in the afternoon... What did you do in between meals... How much you exercised and sets / reps if that is your area... How you closed out the night Etc...

Just a lot of variables... You need to figure it out for yourself, because you're the only one that can... It might take more than 30... Don't limit yourself... I'm personally on a crash and burn Whole 5 Million, 222 Thousand and 44... I found the plan for me forever... I have the never quit but will eat rice as much as I feel like acceptance...

Eating too much or not enough is all on you... We all have different eating requirements, and they change... In week one, I was cheating by eating raisins when I was "dying" from a lack of sugar... That continued until week 2 when I was eating Blueberries by the handful... (Cheating because it is compliant, but you should find a different source for feeding the cravings)...

By week 3, I wasn't really thinking about the replacement sugars... Some might be, some might be fine in a few days...

You have to evaluate your individual situation... WRITE down everything... What you ate at blank time in the morning, what your feeling was before meal 2 at blank time in the afternoon... What did you do in between meals... How much you exercised and sets / reps if that is your area... How you closed out the night Etc...

Just a lot of variables... You need to figure it out for yourself, because you're the only one that can... It might take more than 30... Don't limit yourself... I'm personally on a crash and burn Whole 5 Million, 222 Thousand and 44... I found the plan for me forever... I have the never quit but will eat rice as much as I feel like acceptance...

Actually feeding the cravings is counter productive - quash sugar cravings with fat & protein rather than feeding them and you're more likely to successfully tame your sugar dragon.

Yes, people gain weight. But they tend to lose body fat at the same time which is a great result - having traded up fat for lean muscle.

Weight loss is not the focus of the program, and if your body is in a place where it needs to heal it's primary goal will be to do just that by using the nutritious wholesome foods you are feeding it. Or if you come from a back ground of calorie restriction your body will likely hold on to every morsel of food it gets and store it for fear of the next famine - until it realises that, actually, the food supply is plentiful, so no need to keep storing fat.

People with medical issues, or a history of any kind of disordered eating often find that 30days is just not long enough to reverse those problems and they continue on until they see the magic start to happen.

Just remember - it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Yes and it is nothing to worry about. I gained 2kg while losing 15cm as my body composition had changed, I lost fat and gained muscle and there was not much exercise involved. I have continued to eat the W30 way 99% of the time as it suits me and I have gone on to lose not only the 2 kg I gained but several more. I would go as far to say that I am in the best shape I have been in since my early 30's (I'm 45). 

Has anyone ever gained weight on this plan? I think no matter what I try I'll always second guess myself. But considering the question posed in this thread, I was just curious.

I think if you have weight to lose, you will lose it eventually when your body normalizes but it could take more than 30 days depending on how long your body needs to heal. Once it heals, the weight will come off, just be patient and don't focus on the numbers, focus on how you feel.

Has anyone ever gained weight on this plan? I think no matter what I try I'll always second guess myself. But considering the question posed in this thread, I was just curious.

Those that have been over-restricting can gain weight and those that are underweight want to gain weight.

I think of it this way.   You're back in high school and eating mother's good home cooked meals.   She puts three meals out there for you and the last thing on your mind is gaining weight.  You're living for high school and  your friends.   Gaining weight has never crossed your mind because you're still an active teenager.  You eat to live and go on your way.  You only think about going home when you know supper will be on the table.

Then off you go.   Eating 3 meals aday.  It's what we used to do without overthinking or worrying about every single bite.   We were eating whole foods at Mom's house.  A Whole 30 is a return to Mom's good home cooked meals.    Those didn't hurt us and neither will the template.

Archived