A 'Whole' New Me (See what I did there??!!)

ohlala45

A little background:

-After 2 attempts in the last 10 yrs to quit smoking, I finally succeeded 2 years ago; however the 2 attempts each led to a 50lb weight gain

-I have 130-140 lbs to lose

-I am a (former) serial dieter who always makes to 3 weeks or 10lbs before I start to slip...

-I am a stress and comfort eater

My current life:

-Moving

-current house hasn't sold so am looking at 2 mortgages

-had to quit my job to prepare for our move

-designing a massive renovation on our new house, which I have no experience with

-planning for a visit to my parents in a week

-some hold ups with our possession date and financing due to unforeseen, nothing to do with us, circumstances

-I essentially have a lot going on right now ;)

- I am on Day 26 of the Whole30

All week I have been prepping for a huge yard sale.  My husband and I were up at 6:30am, set up the sale, worked the sale until 5:30 and then packed/cleaned up.  I was on my feet for this whole time and managed to scarf down a salad with some chicken in between sales.  My back aches, my feet are screaming, I'm exhausted, our kitchen was still messy with last night's dishes and we had no plan for dinner.  This is my usual recipe for disaster and, in my former life I wouldn't be writing this post; I would be feet up on the sofa with a slice (or 3) of pizza that had just been delivered to my door.

Instead, the new Day 26 Whole 30 me sent her husband to the store for steaks to throw on the BBQ and while he was gone threw together a salad, made a quick vinaigrette and got some baby potatoes in the oven roasting!!!!!!  The thought of 'cheating' wasn't even an option!!!

I am sorry for the long post, but this is a major turning point for me and I know that I am on the path I will stay on forever.  I am feeling so thrilled with myself and so excited about where this journey is taking me that I am actually emotional as I write this.

I cannot thank the founders of this program enough for giving me back myself.  I have been lost for a long time :)

Thank-you ♥

Thank-you ♥

Thank-you ♥

A little background:

-After 2 attempts in the last 10 yrs to quit smoking, I finally succeeded 2 years ago; however the 2 attempts each led to a 50lb weight gain

-I have 130-140 lbs to lose

-I am a (former) serial dieter who always makes to 3 weeks or 10lbs before I start to slip...

-I am a stress and comfort eater

My current life:

-Moving

-current house hasn't sold so am looking at 2 mortgages

-had to quit my job to prepare for our move

-designing a massive renovation on our new house, which I have no experience with

-planning for a visit to my parents in a week

-some hold ups with our possession date and financing due to unforeseen, nothing to do with us, circumstances

-I essentially have a lot going on right now ;)

- I am on Day 26 of the Whole30

All week I have been prepping for a huge yard sale.  My husband and I were up at 6:30am, set up the sale, worked the sale until 5:30 and then packed/cleaned up.  I was on my feet for this whole time and managed to scarf down a salad with some chicken in between sales.  My back aches, my feet are screaming, I'm exhausted, our kitchen was still messy with last night's dishes and we had no plan for dinner.  This is my usual recipe for disaster and, in my former life I wouldn't be writing this post; I would be feet up on the sofa with a slice (or 3) of pizza that had just been delivered to my door.

Instead, the new Day 26 Whole 30 me sent her husband to the store for steaks to throw on the BBQ and while he was gone threw together a salad, made a quick vinaigrette and got some baby potatoes in the oven roasting!!!!!!  The thought of 'cheating' wasn't even an option!!!

I am sorry for the long post, but this is a major turning point for me and I know that I am on the path I will stay on forever.  I am feeling so thrilled with myself and so excited about where this journey is taking me that I am actually emotional as I write this.

I cannot thank the founders of this program enough for giving me back myself.  I have been lost for a long time :)

Thank-you ♥

Thank-you ♥

Thank-you ♥

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!  

I am very much a kindred spirit, although I am retired now and do not have as much on my plate as you do.   But in another life, I would have written the same post. 

And like you, my husband and I "...cannot thank the founders of this program for giving me back myself."   It's a great feeling.  We were out all day helping my 88 year old mother in law putting her apartment back together after the painters finished and took her shopping.  Bur before shopping, we ate lunch (we made sure we packed a compliant lunch).  Before we would have run to Subway or ordered pizza. 

But since doing this program, just the thought of pizza is like poison.  We are really "in touch" with what we put into our bodies.

So tonight, after taking care of my mother in law, we did our own shopping (ONLY PRODUCE and COMPLIANT CANNED TOMATOES) and when we got home we were hot and very tired.  I fell asleep on the recliner and woke up at 7PM....but like you, I put 2 steaks on the grill, roasted cauliflower, made the shallot-garlic puree, sliced an orange and served a restaurant worthy meal.  And it was delish.

Good luck with your weight goal...I am right behind you (much weight to lose), so if you want a buddy....here I am.  I am on day 17 of my first WHOLE 30.

Thank you for your post....Knock' your socks off. :)

Archived