Starting September 7

giss7diaz

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!  I started September 1st, but I'm going off road today. A new Ethiopian restaurant opened an hour from here, and I love Ethiopian food but hardly ever get to eat it because I live in the boonies.   It's something I always look for when I travel.  I have a friend who wants to try it and I just decided to go for it.  On the plus side, I had a really good "rehearsal" and I've got tons of food prepped.  I mean to restart on Sunday, but that seems close enough to come hang out with you guys. :)  This will be my second Whole30, the first was 2 years ago.  We can do this!

Braine, the biggest thing I experienced was the value of really being prepared...prep some compliant meals to take with you as needed....think through the if, the scenarios......make som special sauces and dressings to make compliant goods really delicious.

Enjoy how you feel and believe you will ROCK the world at some point in your 30. And beyond....

I am starting then too!!  any hints, tips and just positive vibes could really help!!

I am starting then too!!  any hints, tips and just positive vibes could really help!!

My advice:

• The template is really useful: 1-3 cups veg may seem like way too much....EAT THEM.  They are necessary and so is the fat.  If you skimp on the fat you will be hungry and sad.
  • If you feel really awful in the beginning, eat a starchy vegetable with your meal, it will make a world of difference.  A sweet potato saved my life my first Whole30.
  • Prep, prep, prep.  I do the once a week cook-up thing.  I make several dishes ahead (stews, soups, etc.), I clean and chop my veggies, marinate (or go ahead and cook) some meats, boil some eggs, prep my sauces.  You are now in the packaged food business.  If the food is ready, you will be much less tempted to just give up and order a pizza.
  • Figure out your trouble zones and make an if/then plan.  For me, not snacking between 2:30-3:30 is REALLY hard.  I have a few things to deal with that:  I walk away from my desk and find someone to chat with for a few minutes, drink a LOT of water...I'm trying to avoid tea in the afternoon, but if it's really bad, a cup of tea is still a better choice than hitting the candy basket at the circulation counter.  If weighing yourself is a pitfall, hide the scale.  If eating breakfast is unusual for you, make it the night before and have it ready. 

And hang out here!  The moderators and other participants are a huge source of ideas and support!

Starting (again, after a couple 'false starts' aka fails) tomorrow, September 6. I figure that puts me close enough to be with this group. I'm so glad to see that there are a few others here who are in the same boat as I, with needing to restart. I'd been really down on myself and discouraged to even try again, so it's good to know I'm not alone. Lots of great tips on this thread already, too. Let's do this!

How's everyone's prep going?

Doing my meal planning today, and throwing all the non-compliant options (my husband is not joining me on this adventure) into a single "off limits" cabinet.  

Easing off the sugar today...

Dinner tonight will be #Whole30 compliant. I find it so much easier in the morning when I already feel a little better from the night before.

I'm also looking forward on my calendar, to make a very specific reintro plan that I can follow (this is the part where I always fall down.) I am traveling for a weekend 7 days after the official end of my #Whole30, but I have decided I am going to STAY #Whole30 for that trip so that I can do a proper reintro. It will take some extra planning, but if I commit, I know I can do it.

In fact, I'm just going to go ahead and declare it now: I'm doing a #Whole60. I'm nervous about committing for that long, but I know from experience that my body needs that healing (and maybe more.) And this mindset will help me stick to the #Whole30 through the wedding.

I'm preparing psychologically tonight. I'm going to Spain in 6 weeks so I'm planning a whole 40 until just before I go.

Let the healing begin!

Does anyone do any fasting or is that messing with it? I was thinking maybe 1 fast day a week??

Archived