Starting September 7

giss7diaz

I've been preparing psychologically all day. Im on my way home from a weekend trip to DC. Im making my list on the plane and listening to the it starts with food book. I dont have work tomorrow so im doing most of my planing for the rest of the week tomorrow. 

I am very excited for this journey and im glad that i get to share it with you all!!

Alaya- that is great that you are doing a Whole60!! You can do it. I have a trip right after im done with the 30 days and im a little scared that im not going to be able to do a proper re-introduction. 

I hope everyone's prepping is going well!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm preparing psychologically tonight. I'm going to Spain in 6 weeks so I'm planning a whole 40 until just before I go.

Let the healing begin!

Does anyone do any fasting or is that messing with it? I was thinking maybe 1 fast day a week??

Our recommendation is for three template meals, every day for 30days, the first within an hour of wakening.

Fasting will mess with the hormone levels you're trying to balance and will be counter productive to the program.

Leave the fasting until your 30days are done.

Starting tomorrow on my 2nd Whole30;  the first one was TOTALLY worth it, but I've slowing added too much sugar back into my life & I want to get this sugar-dragon off my back!!!  Also, have surgery in 2 weeks & want low-toxin levels during and after surgery :) 

my favorite recipe last time:  monkey salad!!    1 piece of fruit or berries, chopped nuts & coconut milk. YUM! 

Starting tomorrow on my 2nd Whole30;  the first one was TOTALLY worth it, but I've slowing added too much sugar back into my life & I want to get this sugar-dragon off my back!!!  Also, have surgery in 2 weeks & want low-toxin levels during and after surgery :) 

my favorite recipe last time:  monkey salad!!    1 piece of fruit or berries, chopped nuts & coconut milk. YUM!

I encourage you to have something other than monkey salad for a meal this time around. It's not the best choice as it doesn't meet the recommended meal template of protein, veg and fat. It's basically fruit and fat (nuts are a fat on a Whole30).

Especially where you want to rid yourself of the sugar dragon: not feeding it fruit (especially at meal 1) is one way to fight it.

I encourage you to have something other than monkey salad for a meal this time around. It's not the best choice as it doesn't meet the recommended meal template of protein, veg and fat. It's basically fruit and fat (nuts are a fat on a Whole30).

Especially where you want to rid yourself of the sugar dragon: not feeding it fruit (especially at meal 1) is one way to fight it.

YES!!!   Monkey salad isn't a meal, just my favorite recipe :)   

We knew a month ago we were going to start Sept. 7th.  We spent the month eating up what we had left in the freezer, pantry, etc.as best we could.  (We also have some foods left to donate to our church's food pantry.)  We cleared out a cabinet and stocked it with compliant foods.  Stocked the freezer and refrigerator with organic fruits, veggies, eggs, and meats.  And we have some nuts.  We'll have to restock with some fresh veggies and fruits along the way but we're pretty set up to start today.  

I'm embracing this quote to get me through... "We do the things we REALLY want to do in life and we make EXCUSES for not doing the things we pretend we want to do."  I'm doing this!  Good luck to everyone!

post-42320-0-18771500-1441634491_thumb.j

Today is my Day 2, although my day 1 was less than stellar.  I ate compliant, but only two meals.  This is not a problem I usually have, but the sudden off-roading after several days of Whole30 eating did not agree with my tummy and I just couldn't eat.

Today I am doing my Sunday cook-up.  A double batch of Melissa Joulwan's chocolate chili and another double batch of her paleo pad thai.  My husband will make me some guacamole to top the chili with.  I'll also prep up a pot roast and some extra chicken and have a bunch of cauliflower ready to go (this is to eat with the basil chicken coconut curry I made and froze last week.) I still have a good supply of dishes last week's cook-up in the freezer, so this week I'll have ALL THE FOOD CHOICES.  I'll be testing two new recipes fro Nom Nom Paleo this week:  eggplant stacks and spicy tuna cakes.  The first because the eggplants and the store were GORGEOUS this week.  The second just because I wanted to try something new with canned sweet potato. 

By the way, if this is your first time, please don't think you need to be cooking up tons of new recipes.  This works for me, because I enjoy trying out new recipes and my husband is a very enthusiastic guinea pig.  Also, a lot of these have become standards at my house at this point, so they aren't very adventurous to us anymore, they're just a thing we make anyway.  (Expanding my whole food cooking repertoire = non-scale victory!) 

Good luck to all of you starting tomorrow!  You got this!

I'm frustrated with myself.  I started August 31st. Ate compliant daily and made it through the hard days because in my opinion, the first week is the worst... and yesterday I goofed.  So, I started back over today but I'm hoping I don't cave this time. I have been successful in the past and I allowed the sugar dragon to creep back in slowly and here I am now.  Good luck to all and I look forward to the support and accountability.  Today, I shredded a lot of sweet potatoes for breakfast hash and have the chocolate chili simmering and a pork butt in the crock pot. 

Today is my Day 2, although my day 1 was less than stellar.  I ate compliant, but only two meals.  This is not a problem I usually have, but the sudden off-roading after several days of Whole30 eating did not agree with my tummy and I just couldn't eat.

Today I am doing my Sunday cook-up.  A double batch of Melissa Joulwan's chocolate chili and another double batch of her paleo pad thai.  My husband will make me some guacamole to top the chili with.  I'll also prep up a pot roast and some extra chicken and have a bunch of cauliflower ready to go (this is to eat with the basil chicken coconut curry I made and froze last week.) I still have a good supply of dishes last week's cook-up in the freezer, so this week I'll have ALL THE FOOD CHOICES.  I'll be testing two new recipes fro Nom Nom Paleo this week:  eggplant stacks and spicy tuna cakes.  The first because the eggplants and the store were GORGEOUS this week.  The second just because I wanted to try something new with canned sweet potato. 

By the way, if this is your first time, please don't think you need to be cooking up tons of new recipes.  This works for me, because I enjoy trying out new recipes and my husband is a very enthusiastic guinea pig.  Also, a lot of these have become standards at my house at this point, so they aren't very adventurous to us anymore, they're just a thing we make anyway.  (Expanding my whole food cooking repertoire = non-scale victory!) 

Good luck to all of you starting tomorrow!  You got this!

Your meals sound great!! Im definitely making the chocolate chili next week. I forgot how much I like it. 

That is great advice about not needing to cook a lot of new recipes. I did it for my first whole30 but this time im trying more simpler things/less time consuming recipes. Im hoping to do one new recipe a week only as opposed to trying tons of different ones. 

I'm frustrated with myself.  I started August 31st. Ate compliant daily and made it through the hard days because in my opinion, the first week is the worst... and yesterday I goofed.  So, I started back over today but I'm hoping I don't cave this time. I have been successful in the past and I allowed the sugar dragon to creep back in slowly and here I am now.  Good luck to all and I look forward to the support and accountability.  Today, I shredded a lot of sweet potatoes for breakfast hash and have the chocolate chili simmering and a pork butt in the crock pot. 

Im glad you joined us!! 

Day one began this morning.  I've been prepping and following instagram, it has loads of ideas.  One quick question for anyone....I need someone to verify that roasted potatoes are ok?  If not, I won't plan for them occasionally.  Thanks

Yep,all varieties of potatoes are fine so long as they are not cut into batons & deep fried  ;) 

Just make sure those instagram recipes are actual Whole30 recipes as there are MANY that claim to be but are not.... if in doubt ask here.

Good luck!

I started today. I bought It Starts With Food last week and am making my way through really reading and taking it in instead of skimming (like I would normally do with a non-fiction book). 

This is my first time. So I started a journal to record things. It's already been interesting - the first thing was going shopping this morning and reading labels. Wow. Everything has sugar! And "big words" in the ingredients. I don't normally read labels. I was surprised at the things I thought would have under 3 ingredients having a whole list. 

I came home and threw most of the stuff in my fridge away. 

I read that having a hard time physically/emotionally during the 30 days is in direct proportion to how badly you have been eating before starting. I'm afraid I may be in for some hard moments/days. The food and the way I have been eating is worse than I originally thought.

My worry for tomorrow at work, is about my 2 pm slump. I always eat sugar (candy, cookies, etc) :unsure: in a really addictive way. Anyone have any work day strategies? 

Archived