Starting September 7

giss7diaz

I cant believe today was day 21!! Almost done :)

Today i spent a lot of time prepping for the week. I made the salmon cakes from Well Fed 2, a protein salad from the Whole30 book (chicken, homemade mayo, almonds, grapes, onions) which i'll eat with spinach and homemade ranch dressing, roasted potatoes to go with the salmon cakes and prepped some veggies for the week. 

I finally was able to make the homemade mayo after 3 failed attempts!! It was soooo good. I will definitely keep making it after im done with the 30 days. 

A couple of days ago i realized i havent had any headaches lately which i was starting to get worried about. 

Way to go everyone!! 9 more days to go! Beautifulmonster and mergthemagnificent ya'll are an inspiration, i dont think i could have started all over, I probably would have given up. I know you can do it!!

J.nardin I hope you are recovering well from your surgery. It is impressive that you are doing whole30 through it. 

Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I'm definitely in the "is this over yet" stage. Nothing sounds good to eat, and I've almost lost my appetite (just like the book predicts!). I don't even want bacon - now you know it's bad! Lol.

I know I need to eat, but nothing sounds appetizing and I am just in no mood to cook. Aside from this I'm feeling great, just hitting a wall I guess.

Any tips?

CatieP, I completely agree with you!!!

There are 3 things that I keep telling myself...

• this is where I prove to myself that I really *do* have the discipline to do what I need to do, even when I don't "want" to do it....  
  • since I did this to train my sugar dragon to stay in his cave, I look at this as putting that sugar dragon into a deep sleep, not just dozing...
  • this is time for my body to heal at a deeper level (between recent surgery & ongoing Crohn's disease, I need it!)

but frankly... I am struggling too!!!    any other tips? I would love to hear what you guys tell yourself to get thru!!!

J.Nardin, I also have Crohn's and that is part of my motivation for trying to stay on track. I feel like some days have been easy, some have been harder, but overall I'm trying to focus on the long-term health benefits. For me, this means eating things that I love and eating in a way that I could sustain long after the 30 days are up.

It helps that I love to cook. I set aside a few hours each Sunday (I know I am lucky I can do this, not everyone can) and make a bunch of new recipes to keep us for the first few days of the week. I've also been using recipes from nom nom paleo and well fed that my husband loves, too. I'm happy to share some of our favorites, though I am limiting myself to fish, chicken, and eggs in terms of protein.

Your line about putting the sugar dragon to sleep resonated with me--I am hugely sensitive to sugar and keep reminding myself that once I get back on that train, it is really hard to get off.

Good luck!

LOVE to hear you all carrying on with the program!!! sEtting such a good example for me and Beautiful Monster, your devoted but delinquent dropouts who are now in day FIVE...just think of that.

Please, for the love of all the effort you have made so far...see it through to the end....and then do a really careful reintroduce.....YOU CAN, eventually, get back to a less straight jacketed form of eating, if you wish...but don't waste your great work so far. uSe your clean system to really learn what foods can work for you again through a reintroduce...and then let it loose a bit and exhale.

Remember your goals for these 30 days...just give them a big hug for the next few days and through your reintro...and you will be so happy!

I know, pretty gutsy of ME to pep talk YOU when I chose to drop out of this thread last week....but we are in this life raft together, even if you all are at the front...show me the way, all the way through...you can do and you deserve to feel proud that you did

• Moderators

It sounds like several of you are struggling -- it's pretty normal to hit a point where you're just not interested in food anymore and don't really want to eat anything. Just remember, this too shall pass. In the meantime, be sure you eat something even though you don't really want to. Now may be a time to try something new and different to see if you can excite those taste buds -- or it may be time to pick something familiar and comforting, like an old family favorite made over to be Whole30 friendly. Different people want different things.

My go-to meal when I just really don't want anything is to grill a steak, roast some sweet potato chunks, maybe grill some squash or zucchini or just have a nice salad, and as long as I'm grilling, if I can find some fresh pineapple, I'll grill a couple of slices of that too. 

Other things that you might try: Bora Bora Fireballs with Sunshine Sauce for dipping, Elvis burger or SB&J burger, Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs (sub coconut oil or lard or other high-heat fat for the vegetable oil), Velvety Butternut Squash, or Belly Dance Beet Salad

Hang in there -- you're almost done!

I cant believe we are on day 29!!!

I am feeling good! I think im feeling the energy :) But I am going to be honest im getting tired of everything im eating and of having to cook everything myself.

This past weekend I went to olive garden with my aunt and i was able to get a steak (not cooked with butter or any oils and no marinades) and broccoli and the waitress was very accommodating. 

But i really miss eating at Chipotle. I really wished they had the carnitas in my area so i could have had a whole 30 meal there. 

I am a little nervous to weight in on Wednesday. Even though i know its not all about the weight I do care about it because i have some weight to loose. 

I hope everyone is doing great!

In my first whole 30, I didn't lose much weight at least not as much as in some success stories. However, when I started reintro, I felt the difference when trying the various off plan items and how conventional eating wasn't making me feel well fed. I wouldn't worry about the scale, it'll happen when you least expect it. Especially if you've changed your lifestyle and made good efforts in the right direction.

I've been hanging out with family this week and they keep asking about the plan. The most popular comment lately.... So day 30 is today / tomorrow, huh? So what are you going to eat on day 31? They're acting like I'm starving! Does it look like in starving? I'm bringing my own lunch; so are they, they're just different lunches. They have evil snacks with them and while visually I'm tempted, I know exactly how they'll make me feel, I won't stop eating those snacks, which will make me miserable while hanging out without them.

Congrats everyone!! We did it :)

I am scared to eat non compliant foods. I really want to but im scared to get really off wagon and scared of not feeling the way I feel now, if that makes sense. 

But im going to a bachelorette party this weekend starting tomorrow so I dont think im going to be able to do the re-introduction the proper way. 

I hope everyone is feeling great!

But im going to a bachelorette party this weekend starting tomorrow so I dont think im going to be able to do the re-introduction the proper way. 

Have you thought about enjoying the bachelorette party and then coming back to do say a 14/21day re-set & doing a formal reintro then?

I love this idea, too--I have an event on Sunday and would love to come back and do a 21-day reset, since I have crazy work events and it will be easier to just "stay on the wagon" until the events are over...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Archived