MelissaT's Whole30, Take 3: September 2015

MelissaT

Here we go!  Whole 30, round 3.  The first time I did a Whole30 I logged my food and how I was feeling in a paper notebook.  2nd time around, I didn't log anything.  This time, I'll try logging in the forums.  Yesterday I did a big cook-up of food to prep for the week.  I hope I can keep that up on Sundays because it really helps keep me on track.  I made hard-boiled eggs, chicken breasts, mayo, and chopped a ton of veggies.

Day 1 food:

Pre-WO: hard boiled egg, coffee w/coconut milk

Post-WO: chicken breast

M1: kale, pepper, tomato frittata (adapted from Whole30 cookbook)

M2: canned salmon with mayo, peppers and onions, all on a bed of lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes

M3: Chinese 5-spice Turkey Lettuce Cups (from Practical Paleo)

I ate a lot of food this morning - I should be pretty full up until it's time for lunch.  I have a hard time with tuna or salmon salad keeping me full.  We'll see how I do this afternoon.

Day 2:

M1: Melissa's Chicken Hash from Whole30 Cookbook

M2: leftover ground turkey from yesterday's 5-Spice Lettuce Cups, cauli rice, arugula, cucumbers, tomato, avocado

M3: Chipotle Barbacoa from Against All Grain, on a bed of cabbage with avocado and fermented spicy veggies

Day 2:

M1: Melissa's Chicken Hash from Whole30 Cookbook w/drizzle of EVOO, remainder of coffee w/coconut milk

M2: Chipotle Barbacoa from Against All Grain, on a bed of cabbage with fermented spicy veggies and avocado

M3: Thai Cucumber Cups from Whole30 Cookbook - using the ground turkey mix and dressing from the recipe, but pairing it with some stir-fried bok choy

I was grumpy yesterday and feeling a little grumpy this morning too.  I think it's due to lack of sleep, but perhaps also due to lack of sugar!

Oops!  Yesterday was Day 3, not Day 2...so much for copy and paste  :P

Day 4:

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and bell peppers, leftover barbacoa, side of kale, drizzle of EVOO over all

M2: Chipotle Barbacoa from Against All Grain, on a bed of cabbage and tomatoes with fermented spicy veggies and jalapeno lime dressing

M3: Thai curry with pork loin and veggies 

Day 5:

M1: Melissa's Chicken Hash from Whole30 Cookbook, tomato w/a dollop of mayo, gingered zucchini soup from Well Fed

M2: canned salmon with mayo, peppers and onions, all on a bed of radicchio, cucumbers, and tomatoes

M3: salad with ground turkey (leftover from Chinese 5-spice turkey lettuce cups), lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, and lime jalapeno dressing

I slept better last night, and I think it was due to a couple factors: 1) limited my water intake in the PM, 2) ate some sweet potatoes with dinner

Day 8:

Pre-WO: coffee w/coconut milk

Post-WO: pork loin

M1: 4 poached eggs, sauteed zucchini - didn't have any added fat so maybe the fat from the eggs was enough?

M2: 2 grass-fed hot dogs, homemade tomato sauce, bell pepper (tomato sauce had quite a bit of olive oil)

M3: Five Guys hamburger bowl w/grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, brought my own mayo

M4: stir-fry with chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, carrots, red cabbage, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, on a bed of cauli rice

I went running this morning and was noticeably more hungry in the morning after my run.  I think I should have upped my post-WO meal (added some carbs) as well as added a bit more to my M1.  I think this is why I felt like I needed 4 meals today.

Day 9:

M1: Swirly Crustless Quiche, sauteed zucchini with homemade tomato sauce (tomato sauce had lots of EVOO)

M2: chicken salad with grapes, almonds, homemade mayo, on top of red cabbage and kale

M3: ground pork sauteed with cabbage, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Frank's red hot, on a bed of cauli rice, 1/4 large avocado, a few cubes of sweet potato

Day 10: WOO HOO! 1/3 of the way done!!

M1: Swirly Crustless Quiche, tomato, hot peppers, 1/2 avocado, turkey bone broth w/ginger and turmeric (yum)

M2: ground pork sauteed with cabbage, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Frank's red hot, on a bed of cauli rice, 1/2 avocado

M3: roast chicken w/sauteed kale drizzled w/EVOO, a few cubes of sweet potato

Day 11:

M1: coffee w/coconut milk, Swirly Crustless Quiche, sauteed kale, 1/2 avocado, beef bone broth w/ginger and turmeric

M2: ground pork sauteed with cabbage, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Frank's red hot, on a bed of cauli rice, 1/2 avocado

M3: Classic Chili from Whole30 Cookbook, sauteed zucchini, a few sweet potato cubes, 1/2 avocado

Update to Day 11: had an RxBAR between M2 and M3.  M2 was around noon, and I ate the bar at 4:15.  This M2 was not keeping me full for 4-5 hours the past couple of days.  I think it needed more protein.  I also ate the bar because I knew I wouldn't be able to eat dinner tonight till about 7:30, and I may have made some bad choices if I didn't have something in between meals.

Day 12:

M1: ground pork sauteed with cabbage, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Frank's red hot, on a bed of cauli rice, 1/2 avocado, beef bone broth w/ginger and turmeric

M2: 3 grass-fed hot dogs, mayo, purple cabbage sauteed in ghee and turmeric (so tasty!)

M3: roast chicken w/sauteed kale drizzled w/EVOO, a few cubes of sweet potato

Day 13:

Pre-WO: hard boiled egg, coffee w/coconut milk, fresh coconut chunks

M1: 2 scotch eggs, mayo, tomatoes, cucumber

M2: ground pork sauteed with cabbage, sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Frank's red hot, on a bed of cauli rice (my stomach wasn't feeling great after M1 so didn't eat much at M2 - I wonder if I ate too much fat at M1)

M3: pork chops, peaches, sweet potatoes, spinach salad with mushrooms and vinaigrette

Day 15:

M1: scotch egg, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 small acorn squash

M2: chicken salad with grapes, almonds, homemade mayo, on top of radicchio

M3: yankee pot roast from Nom Nom Paleo

So, I weighed in this morning against all the rules.  I just had to see where I was.  I have not lost a single pound and I have plenty to lose.  I'm so frustrated and discouraged.

Day 20: 2/3 of the way done!!

Post-WO: 5 egg whites, 1 c acorn squash

M1: 3 grass fed hot dogs, sauerkraut, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper

M2: turkey burgers w/cilantro lime mayo, cabbage wrap, carrots, slow roasted tomatoes

M3: rib roast, 1/2 c acorn squash, sauteed kale

Day 23:

M1: black coffee, 4 eggs, sauteed cabbage w/turmeric, turkey bone broth w/ginger and turmeric

M2: kale and carrot salad, a little leftover chicken, cauli rice, 3 grass fed hot dogs, aji verde sauce over everything

M3: herb crusted pork loin, acorn squash, braised red cabbage

Archived