Mushroom powder help

PatW

Would anyone please share a good source to get the porcine mushroom powder please?  I found one at lifegourmetshop.com, but it has one review, that also one star review. I found 2 at Amazon. One product's source says China, and no ingredient or nutrition information on it. Other one looks good, but people said it is gritty. I am planning to use it on most of the things I make for kids, so I really don't want them to be picky to eat some sand. 

Appreciate any source of the product you like. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

I use Cote d'Azur porcini powder, the only ingredient is ground porcini.  It's extremly fine, almost like talc.

Just curious why you are planning on putting mushroom powder on most things you make for your kids?

Thank You for the replies. 

@LadyShanny, where you get that brand powder from? I and my husband are trying whole 30 since last month, and planning to eat that way. Kids are okay with many recipes I try, but not very fond of some vegetables, and noodled veggies. They love that Chinese food flavor, so I want them to attract to try new things by adding their favorite flavor and also get some extra protein.

@ Spinspin, actually I go that idea from nam nam paleo's recipe, which I want to extend to using in the soups, veggie stir fries etc. I could make the powder from scratch. We have only one small asian store in town to get these mushrooms. So I don't know how good the source will be. Also I am making lot of home made spices and sauces, so being full time working busy mom, want to use some convenience here. When I checked the dried mushrooms prices online, they are not economical to get them and make powder. Instead I thought of buying the powder itself and save time at least.  Thanks again.

• Administrators

Thank You for the replies. 

@LadyShanny, where you get that brand powder from? I and my husband are trying whole 30 since last month, and planning to eat that way. Kids are okay with many recipes I try, but not very fond of some vegetables, and noodled veggies. They love that Chinese food flavor, so I want them to attract to try new things by adding their favorite flavor and also get some extra protein.

@ Spinspin, actually I go that idea from nam nam paleo's recipe, which I want to extend to using in the soups, veggie stir fries etc. I could make the powder from scratch. We have only one small asian store in town to get these mushrooms. So I don't know how good the source will be. Also I am making lot of home made spices and sauces, so being full time working busy mom, want to use some convenience here. When I checked the dried mushrooms prices online, they are not economical to get them and make powder. Instead I thought of buying the powder itself and save time at least.  Thanks again.

I get it from a local gourmet store in Vancouver, BC.

Archived