Question about Dried Fruit

kruddock

I am in the reintroduction phase of the Whole30 on the 14th day of slow roll reintro. Just finishing with a test on gluten today. I found some dried berries that are sweetened with apple juice concentrate, no sugar but the ingredients have less than 1% sunflower oil. My question is how much of an effect would the oil have on keeping my body clean enough to feel the effects of the gluten. I don't plan on eating this as a snack but using it in meals.

If its an issue than I will wait to use the berries.

• Administrators

I'm going to say that this should be fine. Sunflower oil is one of those oils that is a reluctant "yes" on Whole30...it's not ideal but it won't hurt you.

The fact that they are allowed means that they won't disrupt your reset.

Safflower/Sunflower Oil: Yesreluctantly (because sometimes, you have to dine out)

While we don’t think vegetable oils are a healthy choice (understatement of the century), we don’t expressly rule them out on the Whole30. If we did, you’d never be able to eat outside of your own kitchen, because all restaurants use them in cooking. We wanted to create the healthiest program possible, but we also need it to be do-able for those who travel for business or pleasure, or simply want to dine out during the month.

Tip: Eliminate the consumption of vegetable oils at home, even if you’re not on the Whole30, and make sure the rest of your diet is focused on the most nutritious choices possible, especially if you dine out frequently.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.yxDdazPC.dpuf

Archived