Eggwhite protein...thoughts?

john_n420

hey guys,

I was looking at the recipes that Dallas provided for a CLEAN mass gain http://whole9life.com/2011/08/clean-mass-gain/ . In one of the recipes, one of the ingredients was NOW eggwhite protein, while i understand that there is NO absolute substitute for REAL whole food, what are your thoughts about incorporating this supplement as a part of a CMG program? I have not read the actual article yet, but I'm really considering implementing an egg protein powder as a supplement to include in my meals. My whole9 experience was great but if this specific protein would be considered OK then I'm looking to try it out. ANY THOUGHTS?

-john

• Moderators

Dallas' clean mass gain program was not designed as a Whole30-compliant program. It's "clean," but not Whole30 clean. No protein powder is okay during a Whole30, but an egg protein powder may be about as good as protein powders get.

The thing is, Dallas is a rare individual who can eat enormous volumes of food without gaining fat. He was eating the foods he describes in his mass gain program as a way to pack in more volume of food than most people can imagine eating. We're not talking about a protein shake as a meal substitute. We're talking about eating about as much as he could stand to consume for hours of the day while training heavily in order to become stronger and bigger. If your goal is health, real food will always beat a powder.

Thanks for the reply!

Tom- Your reply was all I needed thanks :) . I figured it wasn't Whole 9 compliant (In fact my eyes widened when saw egg protein as an ingredient). My whole30 experience was great and now that its over I have been continuing to keep the whole 30 lifestyle. Im planning on taking some egg protein with my snacks which are between my meals. 100% whole 30 but id like to think its close to it.

Megan- I am a hard gainer. Im planning to incorporate some egg protein with my snacks between my meals. I am considering a mass gain program but I will see if taking the egg protein with my snacks will suffice.

Archived