Quotidianlight Whole 30 Log

quotidianlight

I started my whole 30 9/11 at 5pm so I'm counting the 12th as my first day. I was fine all day until around 5. I got a huge migraine. Caffeine plus fake sugar withdrawals are nasty. Ended up having to take a migraine meds before it escalated. I craved water all day. It was pretty insane but I guess my body needed it.

Part of my relapse to horrible food was due to stress but I was actually struggling before. I couldn't remember what it was like before paleo ant that made it hard to stay on plan. This time... I'm writing EVERYTHING down.

Here are my stats:

Health problems:

Sever Asthma

Food allergies: tree nuts & buckwheat

Oral allergies: 6 fruits

Food Sensitivities: wheat, dairy

Metabolic derangment (facial hair, weight gain in waist, funky cycles, exhausted mid day wide awake night)

Foot pain both feet

Neuroma right foot

General joint pain

Chronic burping & refux

Exhaustion

Depression

Eczema

Sebborhea Dermatitis

Weight: 227.7

Measurements

Neck: 15'

Bust: 41'

Chest: 37'

Waist: 40'

Hip: 49'

RT Thigh: 32'

RT Calf: 17'

Bicept: 14'

Food for official Day 1:

Breakfast: chicken liver, zucchini and mushrooms cooked in coconut oil.

Lunch: Kale cooked in chicken fat and two chicken thighs.

Dinner: broccoli and ground beef cooked in coconut oil.

Drinks: 110oz water, one sip black decaf coffee.. (eww)

Day 2

This morning my daughter made me a salad for breakfast. Once I got to work, I found she forgot to wash the lettuce and it was full of dirt lmao. So I ended up being way too hungry when I got home and had a small snack while I cooked dinner.

Breakfast: one small cut up cold chicken thigh, a handful of cucumber sliced and a few leaves of lettuce.... oh and some dirt *facepalm*

Lunch: slow cooked kale and three small chicken thighs cooked in coconut oil

Snack: 1 strawberry and the smallest sweet potato I've ever seen. My boyfriend went shopping and I guess he heard me when I said SMALL sweet potatoes.

Dinner: 1/3lb ground beef patty cooked in duck fat, onions and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil and raw sauerkraut all wrapped in butter lettuce. A tiny sweet potato and Brussel sprouts sauteed in coconut oil and garlic.

At first when I saw the size of these Sweet Potatoes I was worried but they are the width of two fingers and only a couple inches long so they are the perfect portion size.

Drink: 6oz sparkling water, 110oz water.

good morning! you're doing great! I'm a couple days behind you with today being day one for me. gotta love when the kiddos help ya out, eh? so cute! great job on the water! I've found that for me, the weird "I'm hungry" feeling is often abated when I'm drinking plenty water, ... I shoot for around 100 oz... speaking of which, I'd better go get some!

Maggie

good morning! you're doing great! I'm a couple days behind you with today being day one for me. gotta love when the kiddos help ya out, eh? so cute! great job on the water! I've found that for me, the weird "I'm hungry" feeling is often abated when I'm drinking plenty water, ... I shoot for around 100 oz... speaking of which, I'd better go get some!

Maggie

yay, both the kids are actually excellent cooks. I think he was in a bit of a rush SMH. Thanks for the support. Usually I have to force myself to drink water but my body is craving it like it's air.

Day three was rough. I was dealing with massive cravings so I ate a ton of protein to squash the cravings. I've been having horrible gas, bloating and acid reflux fo over a year and today my stomach got huge after every meal. I picked up probiotics and a Digestive Enzyme. Fining a good enzyme was rough. Whole foods was out of Now Super enzymes so then I looked up the ingredients to find a dupe and discovered that I'm allergic to it. Every singe bottle either had an allergin or wasn't paleo. Ended up with Garden of life q-zyme ultra. I hope it's okay.

Breakfast: A chicken thigh, 4 strawberries and a naturally fermented pickle

Lunch: Beef patty, brussel sprouts sauteed in garlic & coconut oil, small Sweet Potato

Dinner: Smoked Salmon, 4 small chicken thighs fried in coconut oil, pickle, fermented coconut water

Day 4

I was exhausted and just slept all day. Woke at 1pm and had a pickle and coconut kefir then went right back to bed. Woke up around 4 pm and have no idea why I was so tired but suddenly had tons of energy. So I drank Kombucha and started cooking like crazy.

Dinner: Steak cooked in coconut oil, Kale stewed in bone broth. Sauerkraut. Celery and pate.

I have no idea what was happening but I feel like my body was healing something so I just went with it.

Day 4

I was exhausted and just slept all day. Woke at 1pm and had a pickle and coconut kefir then went right back to bed. Woke up around 4 pm and have no idea why I was so tired but suddenly had tons of energy. So I drank Kombucha and started cooking like crazy.

Dinner: Steak cooked in coconut oil, Kale stewed in bone broth. Sauerkraut. Celery and pate.

I have no idea what was happening but I feel like my body was healing something so I just went with it.

Day 5

I'm late to post due to some deep thinking. I got an accidental dose of soy and can't decide whether to start over. Truth is whole 30 isn't temporary for me. I have to stay with strict paleo for life and I'm afraid of triggering my old eating disorder with the "start over after any honest mistakes" cycle. Perhaps this board is too focused on the first 30 days for me to handle... I'm just not sure cause tho other paleo boards feel scary and technical

Breakfast: pate, celery, chicken thigh and pickle

Lunch: sashimi, wasaby , vinegar & salt. Accidental bite of soy sauce.

Dinner: pork chops, Brussels sprouts cooked in duck fat.

Hello... My $0.02 on this is pretty simple. Use the "MyWholeLog" as your accountability report. If you want to restart... do it. If you want to move on (Lifestyle argument) then move on. This is your WholeLog and there are no W30 police. I have seen Soy listed as a bad one here and a reason to restart but I understand that you are focused on reducing aliments, feeling better and living a better life.

In that context... does W3, W30 or W300 really make much difference. Many here are experimenting to eliminate foods with the intention of re-introduction. If you goal is elimination for the long term, the label really does not matter too much then. W30 is a minimum standard to "See what life is like clean" and then do that cost-benefit analysis on what we really miss vs. what we have to pay to consume it.

I agree with the tone and friendliness here. A virtual home if you will. I would not worry about being "judged" if you label your travels differently than others.

You have stated many good reasons to be Whole30. For me, the reason for counting days it to show 100 percent compliance (on day 24 today) for a period of time. This allows me to clean my slate and not use "maybe just a little" as a mantra, knowing that this is a lifestyle thing so I have a lifetime to repair and avoid damage (what does today's slip really matter). This kind of thinking has got me in trouble before. The 100% thing and counting the days is important for me. The rules are my security blanket as I try to reprogram myself for better lifetime choices. If I cannot do 30 (likely 60 days as a good test for me actually), how compliant will I be in 200 days.

Cheers

Thank you, I needed to hear that. I really love the feel of the board but worried it might be the wrong place for me given many of the threads. I liked it so much I started my journal here anyway, but felt a little funny when I accidentally ate soy. I wouldn't have felt weird about restarting if I'd chosen to eat the soy but knowing it was an accident that I rectified immediately complete with mouth washing tearful freakout just felt odd. Then as I considered a restart, my head went to some dark places. I am going to keep going. My goal is to stay anti immflamitory paleo for a good 3-6 months then test eggs and peppers, move to a regular paleo diet and leave it at that. I just hope 3-6 months is enough time to reverse most of these medical issues

I was sitting at my desk thinking random thoughts when it hit me. I missed my one week milestone! It was an odd day. I was stressed, tired and confused in my personal life and ended up binging on sweet potato and kale chips.

I learned some things and am actually very proud of myself. Before buying the the chips I was finally able to think clearly. As someone with an eating disorder history this was huge. I was able to stand in the store and compare labels to find something I could eat. The second milestone was, I began to justify buying several bags. I told myself I could save the other bags for work snacks, the kids after race snacks etc. I had several bags in the cart when I was able to stop, look at my cart. Realize if I took 6 bags home I would eat 6 bags and PUT THEM BACK!

So while dinner was a disaster, I learned a lot. Also since I don't eat nuts or vegetable oils I don't even feel that bad about the Omega 6's. I just know, I did better that before, better than I thought I could and will do better next time.

One thing I've noticed is, Paleo makes me think much more clearly. It's kind of shocking actually. One negative or perhaps negative short term positive long term is suddenly my miserable job and messed up relationship are feeling unbearable. I've spoken up at work about a really messed up situation that perhaps wasn't smart but eating clean has made me feel less tolerant of disrespect and dysfunction. Everyone talks about the physical changes but the emotional seem more dramatic at this point.

Day 6 food I can't remember but it was perfectly W30

Day 7 food:

Breakfast: salad with lettuce, cucumbers, Raw pickle capers, vinegar and ground beef. Half cup black coffee.

Late Lunch: squash, broccoli and chicken cooked in gee

Dinner: Kale chips, sweet potato chips watermelon. "dinner was a disaster"

Day 9

Meal 1: chicken and kale soup with 1 tsp coconut oil. Raw pickle.

1/4 cup black coffee

Meal 2: ground beef Patty and asparagus cooked in coconut oil. Small sweet potato with coconut oil

Meal 3: chicken and kale soup with 1 tsp castor oil. Three small chicken thighs

Sup: probiotic and FCOBB

Day 10

The Friday table at work was crazy. Giant boxes of donuts, bagels, croissants, Palmeirs (my weakness), whole grain bars, cookies, fruits I'm allergic to, chips, salsa and the list goes on. But I didn't touch one thing not even coffee. Got to see the shuttle too! Flew right over my office!!!

Meal 1: Calf Liver Pate, lettuce and cucumber, sauerkraut

Tea with salt and coconut oil

Meal 2: 2 chicken thighs and broccoli in coconut oil

Meal 3: burger with sautéed onions and mustard on lettuce. Baked apple with coconut oil, coconut milk and cinnamon.

Sup: FCLO/HVBO, digestive enzymes & probiotics

Was feeling sad this morning cause I feel full still from yesterday. My digestion just isn't getting better with the probiotics and enzymes. Feeling too full hours later just make me feel fat and dirty inside. I was sitting in bed considering just going back to sleep or maybe helping my digestion with coffee but knew either option would make me feel crummy. So I made myself get up and looked at the scale. I'm not addicted to the scale so it doesn't mess with me but I could see the undigested feed on the scale too. So I really could tell anything. So I measured myself. I could see that I was smaller, but I was curious and needed something to cheer me up on a crummy day. Bam, 2 inches off the waist 1.5 of m hips and inch off just about every measurement I took! So while I feel crummy cause my gut won't work right... the rest of me feels pretty darn good.

Archived