Quotidianlight Whole 30 Log

quotidianlight

I've discovered even kale chips have too many seeds for me to eat without over eating. It was my one luxury and... No more. Too addictive and bloating. I want to make my own without seeds but my oven is too uneven so no more until I have a dehydrator. I'm bummed and my stomach hurts. On paper it doesn't even look like over eating but I feel like a ate dozen old fashioned donuts.

Meal 1: saurkrout, chicken and veggies soup, kombucha.

Meal 2: chicken and veggie soup, 3 strawberries kombucha.

Meal 3: 2/3 of a 12oz whole foods rotisserie half chicken, bag kale chips, 4 raw figs.

Sups: FCLO/HVBO, digestive enzymes & probiotics

Day 18: felt full all day and lazy. Didn't do nothing all day but watch films and read. Too much stress in my life and I just crashed. It definitely showed in my food... Or lack there of. Didn't even take my supplements.

Meal 1: chicken veggie soup, kombucha, figs and a date

Meal 2: chicken and kombucha

Meal 3: sardines, soft boiled eggs.

Day 19 I know tomatoes are not my friends but I have a bunch of canned food mom made before she died.

Meal 1: Scollops, onion and summer squash sautéed in coconut oil. Dates.

Meal 2: baked apple with coconut milk, coconut oil, dates. Shredded coconut.

Meal 3: cabbage and onions cooked with coconut oil. Meat balls in stewed tomatoes.

Well, I guess now that my body is getting well enough to notice reactions I need to watch my sweeties food. He's always been careful about eating nuts around we but I figured any sensitivity to wheat would be just normal human an irritation.

My sweetie drank a beer and then gave me a simple closed mouth peck. Now I've got a horrible throat itch a little lighter than my banana reaction. Great, one more food to add to my allergy list. On the plus side, I had no reaction to moms stewed tomatoes. I guess since they where stewed and home grown my mouth didn't complain like it usually does with tomatoes.

Day 20 I'm really shocked its already 20 days. My foot surgery is next week and I'm just surprised how quickly I fell back into paleo. It feels like home.

Meal 1: meat balls in stewed tomatoes, crookneck squash, kombucha

Meal 2: meat balls in stewed tomatoes, sweet potato, kombucha

Dinner: sunflower seeds (with shells to slow me down), meat balls.

I just survived the worst lunch meeting I've ever had. I forgot about the meeting and had eaten my lunch early. I didn't panic as the email said the meeting would be first. So I planned to escape for the food part and didn't bother bringing my water bottle.

So I walk into a room three chairs wide and 10 chairs long. The conference table barely left enough room to sit. We started the meeting with every chair is full and the doors are closed.

Then, 15 minutes in the pizza arrives. 6 pizzas, 1 gluten free pizza, a large ceaser salad and 12 giant chocolate chip cookies and sodas. "let's continue the meeting while we eat and we'll do the heavy stuff after" bam... There went my escape.

4 people asked if I wanted pizza "there's gluten free" covered with cheese and conventional tomatoes I thought. "there's a salad!" someone said and my heart fell when I saw the croutons and cheese. There was no room on the table with all the food and plates so I sat in front of not one but TWO pizzas for 40 minutes in an unventilated HOT room. Toward the end, my focus wained and I felt almost dizzy and nauseous. But... I sat, pen in hand without so much as a sip of water.

Ugh, the cramped space and the heat combined with pizza sounds miserable! I'm certain lots of productive work got done in there :rolleyes:(I'm really not a fan of meetings).

Nice job making it through! I agree on the bubble bath!

Day 23

Meal 1: saurkrout, Beef heart, broccoli and coconut oil

Meal 2: Beef heart, summer squash and coconut oil.

Emergency snack: sunflower seeds, almonds & roasted cashews. I was starving for some reason and while I have almost no reaction to cashews in small doses it did not feel good at all.

Took water kefir to work but my grains weren't strong enough and I just couldn't stomach it. Was super bloated. I really think the kombucha was helping. Hopefully the kefir grains will strengthen next batch cause I won't have kombucha for another couple weeks:( I just can't afford it and my mother isn't ready yet.

Day 25 and I'm out! Made my own paleo pancake recipe for my son which did have 2 tbsps honey in it. While I haven't had a pancake in about ten years and never loved them, I had a bite. I wanted to make sure they came out okay and I actually liked it so I ate one. I figure if eating a paleo pancake during my TOM is my only whole30 "sin" I'm all good. Honestly, I really want to start using the AI menu from Practical paleo so i guess... I'm out. I've learned so much about myself over the last 25 days. I started this because I needed a clean break and a social crutch to get back to paleo. Now... I just feel normal, grounded, at home and no longer struggling with food. I've lost inches sure.... the biggest gain was being able to sit in front of cookies, pizza's and sodas far almost an hour and not touch one. I go hours between meals and am back to my natural 2 or 3 meal a day schedule. I'm less moody and just... relaxed. I'm a little surprised I'm not beating myself up over ending 5 days early which is another sign of how far I've come. Finishing wasn't the goal I guess, getting myself back was. I'm going into a pretty darn strict paleo plan. Mostly Autoimmune with occasional eggs and rotating some of the less reactive nightshades. No nuts or dairy at all. So, that's where I'm at and thank you so much. I'm at my TOM so the weight and measurements are off but here's my numbers:

Weight: 227.7 ---> 220.4

Measurements

Neck: 15'---> 14.5

Bust: 41' ---> 41

Chest: 37'---> 36

Waist: 40'---> 36.5

Hip: 49'---> 48

RT Thigh: 32'---> 30

RT Calf: 17'---> 16.5

Bicept: 14'---> 12.75

Health problems:

Sever Asthma ---> Worse. I am ditching all nuts now.

Food allergies: tree nuts & buckwheat

Oral allergies: 6 fruits ---> lost an allergy!

Food Sensitivities: wheat, dairy

Metabolic derangement ---> waist is shrinking, less moodswings.

Foot pain both feet---> pain reduced

Neuroma right foot---> reduced, can walk during all work breaks

General joint pain

Chronic burping & refux---> reduced but not gone. Better when eating fermented foods.

Exhaustion

Depression

Eczema

Sebborhea Dermatitis ---> itching reduced. Less redness

Brilliant results well done, I hope the PP AI protocol works out great for you & you can pucker up without an allergic reaction soon!

Take care

xx

Thanks, if I hadn't cleaned out dairy I probably would have kept assuming I was just "sensitive" to wheat (I never went completely dairy or egg free before). But getting my allergies to neutral really helped. Man, that beer kiss was scary!

I didn't mean start over, just keep going to 30 days. :) But good job none the less!

That would feel like a lie. It was both a paleofied food and had honey *shrugs* I never understood the add back everything that made you sick thing. So while I'll be eating clean for the next 5 days calling it a whole 30 just seems like a technicality and a lie. Thank you so much, I'm really happy with the results. Paleo finally feels normal again and this board is a huge check for me.

Archived