Joachim's Log

joachim

Hi there,

My name is Joachim, age 27 and from Germany.

I started Paleo 2 weeks ago and I am doing Whole30 since this Saturday. On Monday I received the book and I have almost finished it. What I ate so far:

• ("organic" labeled) steak, salmon, eggs, sausages, salami
  • ("organic" labeled) brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, green legumes,
  • berries, apple, banana,
  • lots of almonds, some other nuts in a nutmix (walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews)
  • water, herb tea, (still too much) black coffee
  • olive oil for cooking

Is the olive oil so bad that I have to start over the 30 days?

I hate to cook or buy too many ingridients. I like it simple. That is why my breakfast is pretty bad so far. Either no breakfast at all or only some eggs or so. At least 2 cup of coffee before lunch.

Starting today I will write down everything I eat.

Hi Joachim and welcome!

I found that getting started was half the battle. When I first began though, things that I should have understood from reading the book just didn't sink in at all (what dya mean??? a little sprinkle of cheese on my omelette is dairy?>!)....

You may want to look back at some of your choices and how they compare with the book. Once I understood things like my crazy desire for all those nuts was getting in my way of getting healthy and that legumes were out as well, I was better able to follow the program.

Also check out the section in the book about fats -- it will give you a list of fats that are ok to use during your whole30... Olive oil is one of them (fwiw, I found that light-tasting olive oil was more agreeable to my palatte).

Hang in there and keep on keepin' on,

Maggie

Archived