Day 26 and getting tough

MrsMarks

Hey all!

Needing some support - I have a bad case of "Well I made it this far why not quit..."... Let's not do that!

I have been following the plan religiously since day one, all of the "OK but probably not the best" things have been a no-no.

Even if my mother in law also on the program is cheating with dried fruit snacks and "compliant" potato chips.. Just because ingredients are OK doesn't mean the food is suggested for the program. It makes me laugh... sorta. 

However I found myself really wanting some of the apple juice I have in the fridge for sweetening the past few days. 

Today it was so bad I just dumped the last bit down the sink. (It was a tiny little 10oz container anyway). 

• Administrators

How are your starchy veggies coming along? Are you nearing your period? Often that out of the blue desire for sugar/sweets can be because our body is actually searching for extra carbs.  Did you have a couple of light eating days before the cravings started? That can cause it too.  

The solution in any of these cases is to make sure you are eating enough overall food, enough starchy veggies and drinking enough water.

Feel free to post the last few days of your meals if you want feedback.  You know the drill, include portions, fluids, stress, sleep, exercise etc.  :)

How are your starchy veggies coming along? Are you nearing your period? Often that out of the blue desire for sugar/sweets can be because our body is actually searching for extra carbs.  Did you have a couple of light eating days before the cravings started? That can cause it too.  

The solution in any of these cases is to make sure you are eating enough overall food, enough starchy veggies and drinking enough water.

Feel free to post the last few days of your meals if you want feedback.  You know the drill, include portions, fluids, stress, sleep, exercise etc.   :)

I AM about to start my period.. so that is a good possibility. I will blame that and keep in my head "It's only my period talking". 

I don't have the last few days written down - Shame on me. But they may be smaller than last weeks meals.. I have been full at the end of the meal almost having to force the last few bites on my plate. 

• Administrators

I AM about to start my period.. so that is a good possibility. I will blame that and keep in my head "It's only my period talking". 

I don't have the last few days written down - Shame on me. But they may be smaller than last weeks meals.. I have been full at the end of the meal almost having to force the last few bites on my plate. 

No need to talk yourself out of anything though. Bump up your starchy veggies and probably your meal size overall.  Being well fed enough squeezes out those cravings for sugars/junky foods. Don't be scared to eat more, this is pretty common for women around their periods.  :)

Archived