Master Recipe question

atthewoods

So, I'm a decent cook and usually a quick study. But I'm a little perplexed by the master recipes in ISWF.  They say to cook a batch of meat (2 lbs) w some seasonings.  And then there are all these delicious sounding spice and vegie combinations.  Can someone tell me the proportion of meat that is intended to be added to these?  For example I'm looking at the curry & beef.  I've never cooked with curry before. If I'm doing the whole 2 lbs of beef--how many teaspoons of curry do I add?  I'm thinking it is more than the one teaspoon listed (it says the spices are intended to be per person--so how many persons are the 2 lbs of meat intended to serve?)

Thanks for any help! 

• Administrators

The spices are per person and the meat is "batch cooked". So you cook 2 or 4 or 6 pounds of ground meat. Then you take out of the large amount, the portion that you are going to eat (1-2 palm's worth). Add the spices/veggies etc. You can use the seasoning suggestions or scale up or down depending on what you like. For curry, you might start at the lower end if you're nervous. I've also always found that salt brings out the flavour of curry in particular, I find it can be quite flat otherwise....but maybe that's just me.

Archived