Starting September 14th - Accountability

Itsmegdean

Hi Friends!

I am starting my very first Whole30 on September 14th. AH. That makes it official. Anyways, I had hoped to get my mom to participate, but shes worried she can't do it (and is doubting my ability to do it as well). My husband can't participate fully because of his work/school constraints and provided food, so this leaves me to do this alone. 

I would love to have some support and maybe even an accountability partner who could email/text throughout the duration? Be prepared for questions, venting, and encouragement (for me and from me!).

Who else is starting Sept 14th? I'd love to hear from you!

Meg Dean - www.itsmegdean.com

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Meg and Jessica,

I'm starting September 14 as well! My husband is taking the leap with me, but I could still use the support/encouragement that the two of you are looking for since I'll be doing the majority of the planning/prepping alone. That was part of our agreement when I convinced him to do this with me, lol!

I'm super excited to get started, hope you are as well!

Mindy

I'd like to join you all. I completed my first W30 in early July. I've been pretty compliant since then and planned to do a slow roll reintroduction. I'm seeing the possibility of drifting on some of the good habits I've formed and that's telling me I have more to learn. I'm just not ready to take the training wheels off and ride my bike on my own yet. Id like to complete this w30 and then follow the reintroduction in a more structured way.

It's country fair season and I'm proud that I escaped without the fried dough, fried Oreos and all the other signature fair food. I'm thinking that I don't want to eat wildly before starting tomorrow - I'd like to avoid a carb hangover when I start. I finished the big honking turkey leg that I had for supper at the fair for lunch today. I'm figuring it's not a compliant food for the W30 (some hidden ingredient) so that clears the fridge for the food I really do want to be eating. Yesterday I cooked up a ton of veggies -some roasted, some steamed. Today I have a chicken in the crockpot and plans to make a few burgers and a ground lamb sauté. Mayo is made. I'm feeling pretty prepped.

How about everybody else? Feeling ready?

I

I'm also taking the leap and starting on September 14th after seeing the great results a friend had doing Whole30.  I'll also be doing this solo and would appreciate the support/encouragement.  

I've been doing lots of searching online for recipes this weekend and have started a recipe Pinterest board (here if it's helpful to any of you -- https://www.pinterest.com/mcf914/whole30/). Two of the best sites I've found to help me with meal planning are www.nomnompaleo.com and www.theclothesmakethegirl.com.

Hi there! I'm also starting my Whole30 (solo) on 9/14 and would love to have support and accountability. My biggest challenge is overeating especially at night and taming the sugar dragon (even if I turn mainly to fruit).

Brelee,

There is a great stream of responses regarding the great Sugar Dragon under a post on this forum (the "Join Whole30") titled "First Whole 30 and Struggling" written on 9/11. Everyone was suggesting healthy fats and proteins as opposed to the replacement sugar in fruit. Hope this helps. Your post jumped out to me because I had just read exactly what you said in all of their posts!

Added by GFChris: Here is the link to the thread referenced above:http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/31055-first-whole30-and-struggling/

I am jumping in for another Whole 30. I may go longer depending upon the status of my sugar dragon. I've done 2 so far and have always gone back to my old eating habits within a week or so of ending. I clearly don't have control of my sugar dragon and need some more time on the program.

For encouragement for all of you who are going solo, it can be done! I'm on Day 23 of my first W30 and DH sits ten feet away from me with bags of chips, Oreos, beer, etc., (you get the picture?) but I honestly don't want any. Honestly! I feel so good, I don't want to jeopardize that for a bunch of chips. Not worth it. No way. Was it easy to get to this point? Most days, yes. Some days a struggle. But here I am and you can do it too. Really. Honest.

I am starting on the 14th as well.  I started one on August 24th, followed it for two weeks, and then an important event popped up on the 10th so I had one non-compliant thing (a chickfila original chicken breast - peanut oil, and that breading) that threw me out. I am going all in this time, hoping to finish just in time for a family get together on October 17th.  

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I do want to start feeling and sleeping better!

I'm really excited about doing it right this time! My mini-fridge is stocked and I have my game plan ready!  :)

Hi everyone! I am also starting tomorrow morning (solo) and am very excited to have just discovered this forum! I have been eating clean/real food for a couple of years now but feel that I don't eat as clean as I would like. This spring I had come across the Whole30 plan and did all my reading and research but having too many celebrations this summer I didn't have 30 days to try, but starting tomorrow I finally do! I've done all my planning and prepping that I can for now and I just signed up for the emails, so I figured while I'm at might as well join a forum too!

Good Luck Everyone on your first day...let's do this!!!

Starting tomorrow morning! Monday September 14.

I definitely need some accountability and support this time around. I have done a 'whole 21', one complete whole 30 and several shorter ones for a week at a time. I really need to do another complete one, but I have had such a difficult time.

I thought I would try out this forum as I can't get anyone close to me to commit to this!

I just know this will help me so much mentally and I always feel so great when I eat whole 30 compliant.

I hope I can get some support and hopefully I can help others in some way also.

Thank you everyone on here!

Happy first day and happy Monday!!! How did prepping go for everyone else....I did a horrible job of it yesterday! ;( It was SO beautiful outside I wanted to take advantage of it. I prepped today's meals and this evening I am going to prep the remainder of the weeks meals!

My email address is [email protected] if anyone would like to email with me....I find this forum hard to get to!

Archived