Starting September 14th - Accountability

Itsmegdean

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting today as well. Feeling a little anxious and a bit scared. I am a mother of two small children (2 and 4) and my husband is away (in the Navy) for 3 more months - so I am doing this on my own. I prepped all weekend and am all in. I know this will be quite a ride and I am glad to have this forum for support. 

We can do this!

I'm starting my first Whole30 today also! I'm psyched, a little scared, but breakfast went fine and I made an awesome tuna salad for lunch. Lots more prep and planning than I'm used to, but that's a good thing. When I opened my fridge this morning I was amazed--it's not all white inside anymore! Much more colorful.

Good luck to you--and to me!

Also, I should say that I started prepping yesterday by making some basic sauces.  I made Whole30 compliant mayo and ketchup.  I also prepped breakfast (eggs with pepper, onions, avacado and bacon) and well as lunch (tuna with my mayo, celery and apples over a BUNCH of arugula.)

My goal for this Whole 30 is to work out.  I was in pretty bad shape when I did my first Whole 30 last year due to autoimmune conditions.  Whole 30 helped me figure out that gluten just does not agree with me and now my joints, etc are much, much better!  I hope you all have as positive first experience as I did.

I'm in and ITS ON - I am glad I found you guys on day 1 of this journey to get going.

I am doing it and definitely want to connect with other people on the journey

Day 1: First thing I do is get on the scale and here is the good news - almost all the weight I lost from the last 

cleanse I did (in March) stayed off....Felt like I gained it back but it was just a little...so the first cleanse (a 14-day - similar to whole 30) worked, and got me thinking differently about food - so I'm thinking it will do the same for anyone on a first time  

Previous version also started each day with a lemon squeezed into warm water to kick off digestion so I added this back into my routine as well.

So lets get it on people

I completed one whole30 at the end of June and it was really very helpful as I did the reintroduction phase and learnt a lot about my habits, preferences for eating different things at different times of day and how tightly controlled the sugar in my life needs to be (and to control the sugar I need to prevent myself from being tired as my resolve weakens particularly for snacking and sugar then).  

My second Whole30 starts here.  I am not at all focussed on the weight loss element of it as I've found that by focussing on the input I'm getting lots of outputs that are great.  My clothes are looser on me and I have more energy from being and feeling lighter.  The non-scales victories are huge and I haven't stepped on the scales for over 5 weeks now.  I've increased my already active life by doing things faster than I was doing them before and I've got more stamina - I just need to watch when that is running low and top-up before I hit zero balance!  

My goal for the next 30 days is to have the attention span and focus that I know is possible when I'm eating the right things at the right times.  It is to have a consistent amount of energy between 6am each day and 9.30/10pm each evening.

Looking forward to being part of this forum.

I'm in! Today is the first day of my third Whole30. I dropped out on Day 22 of my first attempt & successfully completed my second attempt. But it's been a few (stressful) months & bad eating habits have crept back in. So.... back to the strict rules for a re-set.  

I'm hoping to clean up my eating habits, really focus on getting better sleep, & just try to reduce my stress levels a bit. 

I'm so glad there are so many of us on this journey together! 

I did some food prep yesterday - I made Mayo, Ketchup, Chili and some sweet potato/apple/egg in a nest type things for breakfast.  Day 1 and is well - breakfast and lunch were DELICIOUS - can't wait for dinner!

We can do this!

Okay, so what's the best to keep in touch with this Sept 14th start group?  The only thing I can think of is a closed FB group?  Does anyone know of anyone else that kept in touch some particular way?  Even if I did create a closed FB group, not sure how I get you all to join it?

Figured I'd love to see messages every day.  My husband who was "all in" last night just had a cookie for lunch.  Said he just thinks he needed a carb to help him not get hungry the rest of his workday.  God help me.  lol

Okay, so what's the best to keep in touch with this Sept 14th start group? The only thing I can think of is a closed FB group? Does anyone know of anyone else that kept in touch some particular way? Even if I did create a closed FB group, not sure how I get you all to join it?

Figured I'd love to see messages every day. My husband who was "all in" last night just had a cookie for lunch. Said he just thinks he needed a carb to help him not get hungry the rest of his workday. God help me. lol

Oh no! Lol. I didn't even bother asking my husband to do this along with me. I figured he would at least reap some of the benefits since I'm the one cooking dinners!

Okay, so what's the best to keep in touch with this Sept 14th start group?  The only thing I can think of is a closed FB group?  Does anyone know of anyone else that kept in touch some particular way?  Even if I did create a closed FB group, not sure how I get you all to join it?

Figured I'd love to see messages every day.  My husband who was "all in" last night just had a cookie for lunch.  Said he just thinks he needed a carb to help him not get hungry the rest of his workday.  God help me.  lol

I'd say the best way to stay in touch is to just keep commenting on this thread! That way, the moderators can see any questions that may arise & provide accurate answers. I saved the URL for the first page of this thread as a favorite on my Favorites bar (I use Google Chrome as my browser) so the button is right there at the top of my screen. Super-easy to check!

I'm up for any way that we can stay connected. It's been helping me a lot to check in with this thread today. So far so good, but definitely an emotional and physical adjustment. Mental too--I just threw a used napkin in my desk drawer instead of the trash can. Reminds me of how I felt the first day I quit smoking.

Okay, so what's the best to keep in touch with this Sept 14th start group? The only thing I can think of is a closed FB group? Does anyone know of anyone else that kept in touch some particular way? Even if I did create a closed FB group, not sure how I get you all to join it?

Figured I'd love to see messages every day. My husband who was "all in" last night just had a cookie for lunch. Said he just thinks he needed a carb to help him not get hungry the rest of his workday. God help me. lol

Hey everyone! I just started Whole30 today, mind if I jump in with you guys? I've attempted Whole30 before but quit on day28 (I know, right!?) and then totally skipped reintroduction. I had such a great experience and I'm kicking myself for skipping the reintroductions phase and missing out on all that valuable info! I'm hoping getting involved in the forums will help me see it all the way through! 

Archived