Starting September 14th - Accountability

Itsmegdean

I'm game for FB or here. Day 1 was rough for me. I know I'll need a good support system! (as my hubby sits watching tv mindlessly eating pretzels)

Why was it rough? How can we help? There was a point when I did my first W30 that I noticed I could not care less what anyone else was eating as I was happy with what I was eating/accomplishing. I wish that for you as well!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That previous quote sounds just like me-I started on Sept. 1st, solo and threw in the hat by the 7th.  I like would like to be part of this group if possible, I am just not sure how to maintain contact with everyone.  I actually made a huge pot of soup yesterday and prepped my salads.  I really need to learn what food agrees with me since I do have arthritis in my hands.  Anyways, I would be up for fb or whatever works.  Perhaps the organizers can help us figure it out-like Shadylady.

Yes it's awesome there are many others out there starting today as well! I'll have to remind myself of that when the going gets tough. Today went great! One day at a time will be my motto this month. Thinking of all 30 days sounds a bit much right now :)

I noticed another mom on here doing this. You also said your husband is away in the Navy. Go you! Awesome effort! I have three little ones at home (4, 2, and 8 months). My favorite part of whole 30 with kids is that they love to eat whatever I am eating... So there is no guilt or telling them no can't eat that. I always make lots and they can eat as much they want of whatever it is!

Breakfast : sweet potato, onions, sausage, egg hash.

Lunch :chicken salad with compliant dressing

Supper : beef pot roast with carrots and potatoes. Delicious!!!

Well the first day went fine despite coming on my period and having to be at evening WI meeting but the prepping was worth it.   I did wonder if the universe was trying to tell me to give up but it's made me bite down harder.

I've woken up this morning feeling bleurgh but I managed to force myself to make scrambled eggs with salsa and avocado and ride to work.  I'm such a foodie normally but really not feeling it.  Is that normal?  Nothing tastes wow apart from the satsuma I ate yesterday.  I'm wondering if it's just my tastebuds having a moment.  I cook a lot already and I've followed recipes to a tee so I'm hoping it levels out soon.

So good to see everyone is so motivated.  These pages will keep me going. 

Also Mimi well done on the smoking.  I'm also a smoker but I can got without weeks at a time so have never said I'm giving up but I using this 30 days to make a decision about it.

Happy day 2 y'all :D

Day 2! Had a bad headache last night probably from some withdrawals- but I sucked it up and just took some ibuprofen.

I will be hitting the gym on the way home. I'll plan to eat a quick post workout snack of 2 deviled eggs when I get home to refuel. Hopefully I'm not too light headed to get some cardio in.

Happy day 2 everyone! I worked out this morning and for the first time ever choked down a Pre-WO boiled egg. Yack. I didn't notice a difference at the gym, but hopefully my energy levels will be a big higher today than yesterday.

This morning I ate some fried potatoes, steak slices and three of our chicken's eggs with kale on top. It's about the only thing I eat in the morning when I'm on Whole30, but changing up the meat and greens it's something I never tire of. :)

... I'll plan to eat a quick post workout snack of 2 deviled eggs when I get home to refuel...

Fat should be avoided postWO as it slows down absorption of the protein much needed by your muscles - stick to egg whites or some other kind of lean protein postWO & take the fat for PRE work-out...

Congrats to all of us who survived day 1! My biggest hurdle was the afternoon energy lull and this disorienting feeling once in a while that something's missing. No hangover yet. I also noticed this morning that my usual sinus congestion is gone, head is very clear.

I highly recommend watching the motivational video from the Day 1 email (click on the "I did it" link at the bottom). Very funny.

Good luck to us all. This thread is awesome--getting lots of tips and meal ideas. Thanks everyone.

What would you do?!?

Have a meeting scheduled on Thursday at a fine dining sushi restaurant.  It's with a young gal that I've been promising would take her there.  Her favorite and I hate to reschedule this yet again just because of my Whole30 program.  So far I'm pretty motivated and not too bothered by others eating foods I can't have.  What should I do?  We meet at 6:30.  Eat my meal first and then order tea at the restaurant?  Seems weird to meet and just not order anything.

Thanks for the free advice.  :-)

Jill

Fat should be avoided postWO as it slows down absorption of the protein much needed by your muscles - stick to egg whites or some other kind of lean protein postWO & take the fat for PRE work-out...

Ugh! Ok I will make a mental note of this and keep some cooked chicken around for post WO.

What would you do?!?

Have a meeting scheduled on Thursday at a fine dining sushi restaurant. It's with a young gal that I've been promising would take her there. Her favorite and I hate to reschedule this yet again just because of my Whole30 program. So far I'm pretty motivated and not too bothered by others eating foods I can't have. What should I do? We meet at 6:30. Eat my meal first and then order tea at the restaurant? Seems weird to meet and just not order anything.

Thanks for the free advice. :-)

Jill

Scope out the menu before you go so you can stick to the plan. Get grilled chicken on a salad and bring your own dressing

What would you do?!?

Have a meeting scheduled on Thursday at a fine dining sushi restaurant.  It's with a young gal that I've been promising would take her there.  Her favorite and I hate to reschedule this yet again just because of my Whole30 program.  So far I'm pretty motivated and not too bothered by others eating foods I can't have.  What should I do?  We meet at 6:30.  Eat my meal first and then order tea at the restaurant?  Seems weird to meet and just not order anything.

Jill

There might be options....look up the restaurant's menu online if it's available. And check out these threads!

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/4737-japanese-restaurant/

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/6235-sushi-restaurant/

Happy Day 2 everyone! Day 1 went pretty well overall. I think the hardest parts were the afternoon slump (between 3 and 4) and after the kiddo went to sleep. In the afternoon I just feel like I'm dragging and "need" a pick me up. In the evenings I think its just habit to have a "treat" or snack of some kind. I'm really hoping that eventually the afternoon energy issue will level out, but I think the evening snack habit will be harder to break. I actually got to snag a nap yesterday afternoon and I'm already having crazy whole30 dreams (dreamt that someone somehow tricked me into eating a burrito lol). Any tips to bust through the mid afternoon energy slump without snacks or coffee?

What would you do?!?

Jill

Ditto on checking out the menu. I'd see if they could provide some steamed veggies or something along with grilled chicken. Soup might also be an option, depending on the ingredients. Perhaps they'd be willing to roll a few rolls sans rice and just include fish, avocado, carrot, cuke etc.

Happy Day 2 everyone! Day 1 went pretty well overall. I think the hardest parts were the afternoon slump (between 3 and 4) and after the kiddo went to sleep. In the afternoon I just feel like I'm dragging and "need" a pick me up. In the evenings I think its just habit to have a "treat" or snack of some kind. I'm really hoping that eventually the afternoon energy issue will level out, but I think the evening snack habit will be harder to break. I actually got to snag a nap yesterday afternoon and I'm already having crazy whole30 dreams (dreamt that someone somehow tricked me into eating a burrito lol). Any tips to bust through the mid afternoon energy slump without snacks or coffee?

I had an afternoon slump yesterday too and although I did have some coffee also drank a couple glasses of water in case I was dehydrated (a common reason I get sleepy). I don't remember this being an issue during my last Whole30 so perhaps it's something that evens out after the first week? Good luck, and lol at the burrito dream!

I keep reading water is the thing so keep flushing.  Wow already having dreams that means it's totally working :) you'll be as fresh as daisy the otherside.  Lots of people swear by some fruit after dinner with coconut milk and some cocoa powder.  Might be worth ago.  Well done on sticking with it!

Archived