Day 0

raincamepouringdown

I spent today preparing to start my whole 30 tomorrow. I'm excited but nervous. My food plan for tomorrow: 

Pre WO: 1/2 chicken burger patty, 1 tbsp almond butter

Post WO: 1 chicken burger patty, cucumber slices 

M1: Frittata with onion, mushrooms, sweet peppers, tomato (planned portion should come out to 4 eggs), spinach, plum

M2: chicken breast, broccoli, cucumbers, apple (through my CSA, they are in season, so I think its ok to have a full serving of fruit twice a day? Same story for the plum with breakfast)

M3: steak, roasted fingerling potatoes with olive oil, spinach

All of my meat and eggs comes through a service direct from a local farm, and my vegetables and fruit are from a CSA. I am really excited about supporting local farmers, and putting better foods in my body, but nervous how its going to impact me, my marathon training, etc. 

Anyone have any feedback? 

Your meals for tomorrow look okay although I see no mention of fat in M1 & 2...

Two servings of fruit a day is fine, although you may want to leave it until M2/3 - and if you've a sugar dragon to battle you might want to cut back a bit as it may feed your cravings.

Your marathon training may take a bit of a hit for the first two weeks, but if you're getting enough fat, and enough food in general (& leaving that 4-5hr gap in between) your body will soon become fat adapted & you'll power through.....

Good luck, & any questions just ask!

Thanks for the help! For meal 1, I sauteed the vegetables in avocado oil and baked the frittata in that same pan, plus the eggs should have fat right? I was thinking of putting some ghee on my broccoli for M2, but I haven't tried it yet, maybe I should do  a taste test tonight. As far as the sugar dragon, its my biggest problem and motivation for doing whole 30, so perhaps I should skip the fruit. 

Thanks for the help! For meal 1, I sauteed the vegetables in avocado oil and baked the frittata in that same pan, plus the eggs should have fat right? I was thinking of putting some ghee on my broccoli for M2, but I haven't tried it yet, maybe I should do  a taste test tonight. As far as the sugar dragon, its my biggest problem and motivation for doing whole 30, so perhaps I should skip the fruit. 

You can pretty much ignore the oil you use for cooking as most of it stays in the pan. I also ignore the fat in the egg yolk & always add an additional source, but you can see how you go... The best indicator as to whether or not you're on the right track is of your meals keep you full for 4-5hrs. If they don;t make them bigger. Fat will provide you with energy & help prevent cravings, protein will give you staying power, & the veggies give you that nice comforting 'full' feeling...

You can pretty much ignore the oil you use for cooking as most of it stays in the pan. I also ignore the fat in the egg yolk & always add an additional source, but you can see how you go... The best indicator as to whether or not you're on the right track is of your meals keep you full for 4-5hrs. If they don;t make them bigger. Fat will provide you with energy & help prevent cravings, protein will give you staying power, & the veggies give you that nice comforting 'full' feeling...

Thanks, so I guess I'll be looking to add an avocado or some olives, or some oil on the veggies. A few days of experimenting and I think I'll figure out what works. Thanks again for your help.

Archived