Susan's Log

northwoodsmom8

I will try and go back and capture the last two weeks but for now I'm starting this log at Day 15

post-77320-0-95244300-1441711165_thumb.j

Delicious cabbage meal

post-77320-0-26792200-1441711173_thumb.j

My family had brats, potato salad, baked beans and grilled corn on the cob and I had compliant grilled hot dog over bed of lettuce with brown mustard, baked sweet potatoes, and roasted cauliflower.

post-77320-0-02420500-1441838060_thumb.j

I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart, that this fajitas salad was EVERYthing I love about Mexican without cheese, sour cream or grains [tortillas or chips]. I honestly feel my taste buds are singing right now.

Sautéed venison, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, onion, red, orange and yellow peppers in coconut oil. Place on top of a bed of greens with cherry tomatoes, avocado and black olives. Homemade extra hot salsa with extra cilantro. Yum, yum, yum!!!!! 

Today I received my avocado oil from Amazon and my Avo avocado keeper.  

post-77320-0-96472800-1442019397_thumb.j

Then I made avocado oil mayo!  Oh.my.word!!!! DELICIOUS!  After I scooped into my jar, I poured some almond milk into my vitamix and added parsley, basil, garlic powder and dried chives and made a mock ranch dressing that is ready for my salad tomorrow.

post-77320-0-85418900-1442019552_thumb.j

I was SO disgruntled and bored last night but the LORD gave me grace. And today I changed things up. I had the best chicken salad for lunch: chicken, eggs, tomatoes, green onion, and the avocado oil mayo! It was so good and really helped me over the boredom hump.

hen for dinner, I had a huge bowl of greens with chicken, egg, cukes, black olives, 1/2 avocado and my “ranch dressing” Oh, it was good!  

So praise the LORD, I got over that hump by His sweet grace!!!!

My wonderful, generous neighbor gave me a whole walmart bag of Roma tomatoes last weekend and I made homemade spaghetti sauce with it--so yummy! Simmered for 2 hours and it's just delicious!

post-77320-0-76862900-1442454167_thumb.j

Dinner that night with zoodles [zucchini spiralized]. Mmmmmmm!

post-77320-0-18791400-1442454177_thumb.j

post-77320-0-98809100-1442623195_thumb.j

Day 25 and changing things up a bit!  Oh.my!  Tastes SO delicious!  Cooked my wild-caught salmon in coconut oil with rosemary, chives and pink salt--then put on top of bed of greens with some avocado oil mayo, mashed cauliflower with ghee and pink salt and a little almond milk, and some baked-in-coconut-oil sweet potato wedges.  YUM!!!!

Things I have to remember to make from Missy on Facebook group:

"Dijon chicken salad with grapes and pecans, YUM. I used chicken from the crock pot with just water pepper and onions (I cook almost all my chicken like this, easier than cutting raw chicken) and added my homemade mayo, with some acv and dijon mustard, plus seasonings. Quartered grapes and chopped pecans mixed in and served on fresh spinach. This was SO GOOD. 

Fresh broccoli carrot and raisin salad. Dressing is made with homemade mayo, balsamic vinegar and seasonings

Taco ish "chili". Bell peppers, onions, ground beef, with stewed tomatoes and cumin, chili prettier and black pepper, and some homemade spicy salsa topped with fresh avocado."

Archived