Night sweats?

Hi ladies!

My daughter is 10 months old and I am on Day 8 of the Whole30. The past few nights I have had unbelievable night sweats, waking up completely soaked. I remember this happening a little after she was first born but not in months. Has anyone else noticed an increase in night sweats, or them coming out of the blue, during the Whole30? I'm trying to figure out why this might be happening.

Thank you!

Hormones could be re balancing themselves.  I know I get sweats when going through a migraine - I suffer from menstrual migraines. The sweats are a symptom of my hormones being out of balance.

Another example of hormones being thrown out of balance - yesterday was part of a long holiday weekend - in which I decided I would totally throw caution to the wind, and eat all the things.  Okay well maybe not all the things - but I ate things that I normally would stay far away from.  (I eat whole 30 style + chocolate most of the time) Within hours of doing this I was having whole body sweats, a roseacea flare on my face, plus I woke up with 4 pimples on my chin (A true sign that my hormones just went crazy).

Thankfully I know this is just a temporary situation - but it makes me feel grumpy just the same :blink:

I've also had an increase in night sweats this round of W30, weirdly I didn't experience this during my first W30 in July.  But, it started after day 2 & it was almost as bad as it was postpartum.  Thankfully, they have gotten a little better each night, I'm on day 10 now & I was not nearly the cold, sweaty mess last night/this morning that I was a week ago.  So hopefully the hormones will balance themselves out quickly & these sweats will go away.

While I'm annoyed by the sweating, I'm also a bit excited about it.  We are trying-to-conceive and it took us 3 years to get pregnant with our daughter.  So, maybe my hormones will balance out & I'll get pregnant more quickly this time.  Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived