Starting September 14

StaceyF

I'm Stacey in Florida.  Going to start my program on September 14, gives me a week to clean out and shop and plan.

I've already been eating a mostly Paleo diet with a few cheats, so hoping I'm one of the lucky ones to have an easier time with this,

but I'm all in either way.  Fighting allergies, Hashimotos, high blood pressure, definitely need to find the bullet keeping me from healing.

Hi everyone.  I'm starting on Monday and totally freaked out!  Just returned from vacation and the entire time I was gone I read the entire book.  Have my list but have not shopped yet.  Taking the weekend to make some staples like mayo, clarified butter, etc.

We should all keep in touch for motivation.  I have no other supporters.  Dealing with husband & kids who are generally healthy but not doing Whole30.  It's going to be difficult.

I'm in too! I completed a whole30 back in the spring, and have since fallen so far off the wagon, I can't even see the tracks where the wagon used to be. lol.

Mentally preparing this weekend. Ridding the house of offenders and most importantly… wine. It's a hard job but someone has to do it.  :)

I am 59, and have been fighting dermatomyositis, fibromyalgia, arthritis and chronic fatigue for 20 years. I felt the best I had in years, when I did whole30 the first time, so I'm anxious to return. I've learned my lesson and I've come back home.

Glad to be with you all on the journey! See you on the 14th!

My 16-year-old daughter and I are starting on Monday, too! I have been doing a lot of meal planning, as she has a pretty limited palate. She is also in school all day, which adds another complication!

My daughter is battling weight, and I am getting that middle aged spread, plus my neck breaks out I think from dairy. I have been living primal/Paleo for a while, but have been eating too many gluten-free items rather than primal/Paleo. Really looking forward to getting back on track, and doing this with my daughter!

I'm trying this again starting Monday too. I failed miserably only after probably 2 days a few month ago, but I was in the middle of last minute wedding preparations/wedding/post-wedding leftovers that are definitely not approved. I'm hoping now that life has calmed down, I've got my wits about me enough to power through and really achieve something good! I'm only 25, and have felt like crap for a while now...the stress of a wedding, moving, a new job...it's all taken its toll, now it's time for me to take control! I'm so excited to start tomorrow (and I think that is the main difference from last time...SO READY!) Good luck, everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'm Courtney from Chicago and will be starting my 2nd round tomorrow.  I had great success with the first round in the spring and then went on to a paleo lifestyle but after taking a vacation in Mexico the beginning of August and suffering a miscarriage a couple weeks ago, I really need to refocus both my eating and my emotions.

I spent the afternoon doing some prep for the week so I'm all-in now.  I can't wait to see my improvements along the next 30 days and I hope to be hold myself accountable by utilizing this community.

Can't wait to support each other!

Count me in.

I just got the book today and first heard about it a week ago,

but my husband is eager to start because he will go to a 24 hour run at the end of October.

so, whatever, let's just hop right on.

I started to eat better in July, and lost already 12 pounds, so  I hope it won't be too hard on me,

though I am already missing my lattes (I am down to two a day - just coffee and 2% milk, homemade), And my greek yoghurt, just thinking about the program.

But okay, yes, we can, right?

Sitting here with a can of Trader Joes Coconut Cream figuring out wether or not it can be added to my coffee tomorrow or not...

Greetings,

Tina

so sorry for your loss, Courtney!

you will never forget about the baby you lost, but it won't hurt as bad anymore as time goes by.

thank you I appreciate it. As for the coconut cream, check the ingredients. For some reason I remember there was a reason it wasn't allowed. An alternative is to buy full fat coconut milk in the can and skim the cream off the top :)

Sitting here with a can of Trader Joes Coconut Cream figuring out wether or not it can be added to my coffee tomorrow or not...

Here is a prior discussion about this product: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/2173-trader-joes-coconut-cream/

Easiest way to search the forum is from Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for, and if it's been discussed before, you'll get links to past discussion threads.

How was your first day?

mine was okay. my kitchen looked like hell this afternoon, but I made it.

My problem is going to be breakfast....
I used to have a latte around 6:30, head off to college, teach my class, and then have breakfast (often an omelette) after coming back home (around 10).

I really, really don't feel like having breakfast at 6:15 in the morning and get out of bed another 15 minutes earlier just to be able to do so...

and I don't want  to have lunch at 11 am and dinner at 5 pm. 

Sigh.

I think I will head to bed early the next 30 days. The more I sleep, the less time I have to crave my favorite foods.

Hi! Started today too! So far so good...but the cravings are so hard!

Is there a group we can join that we can share pics of our meals and just hold each other accountable for the next 30 days?!

You can use this thread right here. It's nice to see what other people's meals look like, so post away! And post what you eat everyday to keep accountable, and we've got your back. :)

Yesterday, breakfast was 3 soft boiled eggs, lunch was a sweet potato, chicken breast and a tomato, dinner was homemade chicken soup, a baked potato, and leftover grilled eggplant. Snack was cashews.

Happy day 3 everyone!

I really, really don't feel like having breakfast at 6:15 in the morning and get out of bed another 15 minutes earlier just to be able to do so...

and I don't want  to have lunch at 11 am and dinner at 5 pm. 

Look at this as a 30 day experiment to see how eating within an hour of waking, and then having meals spaced 4-5 hours apart impacts you. For meal 1, you can prep something ahead of time and heat it up to make the transition easier for you.  It doesn't need to be elaborate.

(Note that if your pre-Whole30 latte had caffeine, that also acts as an appetite suppressant; we recommend having caffeine after or with your meal 1, not before.)

On your other meals, what time do you want to eat them?  If 11 am lunch feels too early for you, have a mini-meal of protein carb and fat (or at least two of those macros) around that time, and then have your larger/standard lunch meal later (which would then make your dinner later).

hey everyone.  my wife and i also started on sept 14.  three days in and i'm feeling a bit groggy and unfocused.  anyone else?

Make sure you are salting your food, drinking at least a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight, and including at least a fist sized serving of starchy veg daily - this will help with the sugar withdrawal & the transition from the old diet to the new.

Also, remember that fat is your friend here - don't skimp on it.

hey everyone.  my wife and i also started on sept 14.  three days in and i'm feeling a bit groggy and unfocused.  anyone else?

It absolutely does pass. This is my second W30, I stayed pretty compliant in between (except for letting sugar occasionally get the best of me) so I'm not feeing the pain of the transition this time through. But it surely does make me wonder about the power of these foods we're not eating that we can go into such withdrawal without them....

I think this is normal

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

sucks nevertheless. I think my students thought I was on drug or had a hangover in class today...

Hope we will crawl out of this whole soon.

And if somebody could hand me over a tasteful, program approved Latte, i would be forever thankful

(caffeine withdrawal? yell here!)

I am a big coffee drinker - not lattes per se - but I found something wonderful.  I made a batch of homemade almond milk and one cashew milk that I put in my coffee each morning.  You could make your own lattes too.  It is devine!   Much creamier than the Silk brand etc.  And way easier to make than I thought.  Great recipe at ohsheglows.com  She adds two dates & vanilla bean to hers.  A little goes a long way also.

Archived