My re-introduction plan

Stingray

Ok I am a few days away (Friday)from completing the W30 challenge. My re-introduction will look like this:

Saturday- my glass of wine. Sunday and Monday-evaluate

Tuesday-dairy b/f yogurt and cream in my coffee, lunch-chesse on my salad and dinner ice cream- Wednesday,Thursday evaluate

Friday-legumes-peanut butter on apple, lunch beans and dinner suchi and shamini w/soy-Saturday Sunday evaluate

Monday-non gluten grains-oatmeal , white rice, and white bread-Tuesday Wednesday (Can I have California rolls?

Thursday-gluten grains wheat toast b/f or a muffin lunch wheat pasta-Friday and Saturday

How does that look- is it compliant w/re-introduction ?

?

I would highly suggest splitting soy from your other legumes. I find it to be a completely different beast.

White bread is not a non-gluten grain - it's wheat. Make sure your oatmeal is marked gluten free as much oatmeal is cross contaminated.

California Rolls have rice yes? Have them on Monday with your other non-gluten grains but no soy sauce.

Check the ingredients in your ice cream...I personally left ice cream until later because I didn't want any other ingredients in it messing with my dairy test.

Okay I finished my W30 and the re-introduction begins today. I weigh myself and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I went down to 34 waist pants from 36 but I only lost 10 pounds.

Last time, I did it I lost 12 pounds. Now, I was 180 and my goal was 168 ibs-bummer.

I was working out 3-4 times a week.

Well, I think I can lost the two pounds in my re-intro.

Ok, last night I did my wine and had 2 glasses. I really didn't feel any bad effects except a slight headache because my 30 day break from my one daily glass of wine.

However, in a moment of weakness, I had a pumpkin slice Starbucks drink. And the sugar hit me like a frieght train.

Did I mess up big Time?

I am schedule To do dairy on Tuesday.

This is why the reintroduction protocol is to reintro one food group at a time, keeping all else Whole30 compliant. Otherwise, you can't conclusively say what caused your reaction.

I'd retest alcohol at some point. And for the most accurate test, stick to the reintro protocol going forward.

There is lots of information in each of the food group chapters in It Starts with Food. The rules have a high-level list in terms of what to eliminate in each of the food groups. The reintroduction protocol gives some examples of what to test. 

To Bethany's earlier point, white bread has flour, which is made from wheat.  Anything made from wheat flour (e.g., brown or white pasta, muffins, crackers, etc.) contains gluten.

Thank you, another question- my next category is grains non gluten for Friday.. Yesterday I did diary and I will wait 2 days.

Question is can I wait 3 days and do grains on Saturday?

Is easier to do it Saturday, I can have a bagel for breakfast and do a movie with popcorn.

Thank you, another question- my next category is grains non gluten for Friday.. Yesterday I did diary and I will wait 2 days.

Question is can I wait 3 days and do grains on Saturday?

Is easier to do it Saturday, I can have a bagel for breakfast and do a movie with popcorn.

Popcorn is a non-gluten grain. A bagel is a gluten grain.  Don't reintro both on the same day.

Also, realize the movie theater popcorn is way more than corn. The "butter" is typically made from soybean oil.  Even unbuttered, I don't know that would be a clean test, and who-knows-what is mixed into the popcorn.  If you choose to test popcorn on your non-gluten grain day, I suggest popping your own kernels.

I bought a compliant microwave popcorn at Whole Foods, their store brand. It is literally just corn with nothing at all on it. Of course, I didn't eat 3 meals on that re-intro day (doh) and didn't get a chance to TRY it. But, it exists.

Archived