Day 1..and we're off

ms mcfabulous

anxious, that describes today.  I'm bloated, cranky, tired and fighting off sugar cravings.  Without a doubt, the sugar cravings will be the hardest.  But, I haven't killed anyone yet, just bit a few heads off. 

I planned, a wrote out my first two days and went grocery shopping last night.  I packed meals today and am on target. 

The big picture is my focus...I can do this.

Day 3. 

Crisis mode after day one, with family emergency.  8 hours in the emergency room.  Talk about stepping on my last nerve, between all the crankiness from the program and THEN the er...finally got to bed at 3AM.

Day 2, felt like a slug, tired, sore.  Much like the way they tell you in the book.  Yesterday was "cook up a storm" day.  Fridge is packed with goodies and ready to go.

Day 3, starting to come out of the fog.  But man, I still miss my morning caffeine.  It's ADVOCARE Spark, with has sugar substitutes...bummer.  I know...green tea...but this is only so much green tea a person can consume...and for me it's limited.  And can't stand coffee  So, I'm working on no caffeine.  Likely for the best.  Sugar dragon is still relatively contained...today. 

I'm on day 6...

I made it through my first weekend and even ate out.  Thank goodness for the swap of a side salad for fries or onion rings...

I've spent a lot of time cooking, more than I expected.  So, I'm concerned about being able to keep this level up.  But the fridge is full of good food to reach for and that was my goal.

The hubs as even taken to it.  Skeptical at first (as always) he's worked hard to make sure the right things are available for me, and he's eating it too.  Very exciting around our house.

I've spent a lot of time cooking, more than I expected.  So, I'm concerned about being able to keep this level up.  But the fridge is full of good food to reach for and that was my goal.

That will settle down as soon as go along. The best advice I had when I started was to 1) cook what you usually cook, but make it compliant, and 2) cook "ingredients" rather than "recipes". So cook extra chicken when you are cooking chicken, extra steak when you are cooking steak, extra carrots, extra potatoes, extra broth, extra everything that can make up a meal as opposed to extra large recipes.

Good luck!

Archived