Clif's Kit Bars?

WholeMama

It is a candy bar.   Here's the lowdown.. a Snickers bar for comparison.  The Snickers bar is actually the better way to go if you're looking for less sugar.  Neither one of them are worth two hoots if you want a successful Whole 30.

Nutrition:

Serving Size 1 bars (34g) Calories 160 
Servings Per Container Varies Calories from Fat 70

Amount/Serving %DV* ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Fat 8g 12%     Sat. Fat 3g 15%     Trans Fat 0g   Cholest. 5mg 2% Sodium 85mg 4% Total Carb. 21g 7%     Dietary Fiber 1g 4%     Sugars 17g   Protein 3g    

• Vitamin A *
  • Vitamin C *
  • Calcium 2%
  • Iron *

* Contains less than 2% of the Daily Value of these nutrient(s).

I didn't realize they stopped endorsing RXbars - glad I hadn't bought any! And you are right - that did lead to my confusion since they seem similar.

As I said, trying to plan for emergency foods during a business trip. I know nuts but don't want to over do there either ...

I would take non-perishable things like canned tuna, salmon, chicken, olives. Veggies that travel well without refrigeration. Stuff like that. Is it that you need supplemental food in case you can't get food at restaurants etc? Can you bring a small cooler with you? Will you be staying somewhere with a small fridge?

Probably no fridge. I'm more worried about travel delays and lunch - I should be able to order compliant food for breakfast and dinner (I don't mind being very specific in ordering), but a good possibility of no time at lunch. These trips are when I would typically have a quest bar at the short lunch break. Definitely not somewhere I could bring in tuna, etc. its not for a couple of weeks so hopefully I will be adapted by then...

Archived