Brewer5: No Training Wheels

Brewer5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bear says good food fixes everything.   It really does.   The things that used to stress you out...they all fade away when you are consistently  eating good whole foods.   Rest assured, you no longer give a multi-crap who's pooped on your parade or messed up the house.   When your body is running on jet fuel each and every day....your cares melt away.   

You can do this on a tight budget, too.   Buy the cheaper cuts of meat and cook the hail out of them.  They're wonderful.  It's all doable and it doesn't have to break the bank.  

I was on a roll and I couldn't stop.  I'm going to make many of these things in the days to come.  New ideas.   Catch all'y'all on the flip-flop.

This is not a site I would trust for nutritional advice.  

There is nothing healthy for you about canola and soybean oil.

Flaxseed oil should ~never~ be heated, AND it contains phytoestrogens:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/537598-is-flaxseed-oil-estrogenic/

Walnuts may be "rich in omega-3's" compared to other nuts -- but they still contain more omega-6 than anything -- and we all get plenty of omega-6 as it is.

Just keep in mind that in nature, we would have had to work very hard to get nuts out of their shell.  And the only oil we would have consumed from those nuts would have come ~in the package of the nut itself~ ...  Not a bottle.

I do know that canola and soybean oils are bad, as well as flaxseed oil. I don't eat them, and soybean oil makes my husband's nose itch. 

So, walnut oil isn't best? Good to know. My sweetie bought some at the local Co-Op store, because he thought it'd be a good one to use once in awhile because we use coconut oil 90% of the time, and ghee (homemade from Kerrygold butter) 5% of the time, and SF bacon fat 2% of the time. 

I don't get the joke!   :lol:

Has Lancer been eating micro dinners?

I don't even know what a micro dinner is, and I don't have a supply of fish. I can barely afford fish, other than canned salmon or tuna and occasionally, cod. Also, I don't much like the way most fish tastes. Sad but true. 

I don't even know what a micro dinner is, and I don't have a supply of fish. I can barely afford fish, other than canned salmon or tuna and occasionally, cod. Also, I don't much like the way most fish tastes. Sad but true. 

I think Lily was a little high on coffee beans.  She says she wasn't, but......  The first sign of addiction is denial.   hahaha

I don't know what a micro dinner is, either.

It sounds tiny.

So, walnut oil isn't best? Good to know. My sweetie bought some at the local Co-Op store, because he thought it'd be a good one to use once in awhile because we use coconut oil 90% of the time, and ghee (homemade from Kerrygold butter) 5% of the time, and SF bacon fat 2% of the time. 

I would not tell you to waste it...  I also would not tell you to eat it all the time, thinking you are doing a great thing for your health.  

You know, we all have to make decisions and sometimes they aren't the absolute best -- but far from the worst, either.  If you are using it to add some variety to your life -- it is most certainly better than {fill in the blank here with a million other worse choices}.   :) 

I do think it is important for all of us to be aware of the omega-3 vs. omega-6 issue.  I think it is far bigger than most people realize.  I think our ancestors ate a lot of fish -- period.  And now many of us don't.  (Myself included.  I have been having canned tuna but honestly, I need to do better and I know it!}

When we first switched over to Paleo, our family was consuming A LOT of nuts, seeds, and butters of these.  I really did not understand the omega-6 issue.  So I am just trying to help others out with that knowledge.

Anything we can do to reduce inflammation...  We are improving our health.  Inflammation is at the root of SO many (all?) conditions we are dealing with today.  

Excess omega-6 causes inflammation, and especially so in the absence of omega-3. 

Lancer.. those fritters only have zucchini and sweet potatoes, shredded finely and cooked in super fats.  There are no grains in any of those fritters.  You can use them for buns.  Everything is grain free in those photos.   I gave all of my cookbooks away.   I only looked at the photos and I've stopped buying them.   Bear doesn't use recipes... We wing it and fly by the seat of our pants in the kitchen.   We cook everything with reckless abandon and then I mop the floor with my hair. hippie1-smiley.gif?1292867617

Micro dinner  -  tiny fish.  Much preferred over the refined branded grain filled goldfish that some folks stuff their children with.   A Grab N Go when you're pressed for time.  aquarium1-smiley.gif?1292867549You would have to eat a tank of them to get filled up though.  aquarium2-smiley.gif?1292867549

Ooooo,  don't tell me,  it's a bluegill.    An inside family funny that we like to bring up and laugh about. Bluegills are beautiful fish,  even in that small tiny state.   Honestly,  I couldn't eat one.   They're just too small for me but the perfect formation, colors.  If  I start over-thinking things....concentrating too much,  I could talk myself out of eating fish.  Yes, that tiny thing was someone's  baby.  OMG.    But I can't go there.    I'm grateful for all of the super fats and fishes in the sea, rivers and lakes.   Without  them....I wouldn't be here to kid you with jokes that get sometimes get lost in the translation.    hi5-smiley.gif?1292867616

blue-gill-21.jpg

Archived