6 cups of Water
3 chopped Carrots
2 chopped Celery stalks
1 chopped Zucchini
Swiss Chard leaves or other desired greens, chopped
Coconut Aminos (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Heat water to a boil, adding ingredients in the order listed above. Other vegetables may be added as desired. Allow vegetables to soften, adding the greens only after you turn off the heat. Add the Coconut Aminos, salt, and pepper to taste. Delicious!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nectarine - Tomato Chutney with Sweet Curry

1 lb ripe, firm Nectarines, skinned, flesh cut from the pit and diced small
2 Roma Tomatoes, quartered, seeded and diced small (drained of juices)
1 large Garlic clove, pressed or minced fine
1/4 cup sun-dried Apricot Vinegar, or you can use Coconut Vinegar, Apple Cider
Vinegar
3 Tbsp Coconut Nectar (or apple cider/juice)

1 teaspoon Sweet Curry Powder
1/4 tsp salt

Thicken if needed with Coconut Flour, Arrowroot  in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, simmer nectarines, tomato, garlic,vinegar, coconut
sugar, curry powder, and salt, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened but still saucy (approx. 20 minutes).
Serve warm, room temperature or cooled. May be stored for a few days refrigerated.
Note - If the chutney is really juicy, you can cook it down a bit more for your preferred consistency or use a little culinary thickener.

Best Ever 30 Second Dressing/Marinade

½ cup Coconut Vinegar
½ cup Coconut Aminos
Olive Oil to taste if desired
For a super quick, incredibly yummy dressing or marinade ~ simply mix together equal portions of our Coconut Aminos and Coconut Vinegar and drizzle over salads, steamed veggies, or marinate with your protein of choice and bake, grill, or sauté.  Add olive oil to taste if desired.

Dipping Sauce

2 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Water
2½ tsp Coconut Nectar
1 tsp Coconut Aminos
1 tsp Chile Oil
1 clove Garlic, minced

Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.  You can pour over hearts of romaine, shredded carrot, and chopped cilantro.

(Spicy Asian Dipping Sauce, Marinade, or Dressing)

Yields:  1/3C

2 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar

1Tbsp Lime Juice

½ tsp  Coconut Aminos

1 Tbsp Water

2 ½ tsp Coconut Nectar 

1 tsp Fish Sauce

½ tsp finely grated Lime Zest (outer peel)

1 minced Garlic Clove

½ to 1 minced Chili Pepper (Serrano, Jalapeno, Bird's Beak - depending on desired heat)

Grate lime peel and finely mince garlic and chili.  Whisk together with rest of ingredients.  This delicious and healthful dressing/dipping sauce/marinade can be kept air tight and refrigerated for several weeks. It is fabulous for dipping  or can be drizzled over  salads topped with grilled shrimp, chicken, pork or beef.  Excellent as a marinade for all seafood and meats prior to grilling

{Substitute apple cider/juice for coconut nectar if you like)

This looks delish....will be in the states in a few weeks and seek if I can locate these ingredients...especially the FISH SAUCE and COCNUT AMINOS.

Green Papaya Salad with Mint, Sesame Cashews, Red Chile and Scallions
From Chef Matthew Kenney – 105 Degrees Restaurant, Oklahoma City

green-papaya.jpg

Serves 4-6

2 cups shredded Green Papaya
1-2 fresh Red Chiles
1 cup Carrots, julienned
1 cup Mango, julienned
½ tsp Coconut Aminos
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Coconut Vinegar
2 Tbsp crushed Cashews, raw
1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar or sub apple cider/juice
¼ cup Thai Basil, roughly chopped
¼ cup Mint leaves, shredded
Sea Salt to taste

In a mortar and pestle, roughly crush cashews, chiles, and a touch of sea salt. Stir in lemon juice, Coconut Nectar, Vinegar, and Aminos, cashews, shredded papaya, carrots, mango, mint, basil and sea salt. Mix all ingredients together. Taste, and adjust seasonings if desired.

SALTY GINGER & MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
Yields 1/2 cup

ginger-dipping.jpg

1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (dilute with water to decrease saltiness if desired)
1 Tbsp Arrowroot mixed with 1 Tbsp Water
1/2 tsp ground dried Ginger
1/2 tsp ground yellow Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Coconut Vinegar

In a small bowl mix the arrowroot and spices with 1 Tbsp water, and stir to make a smooth sauce. Add the Aminos to a small saucepan and heat on low until warm. Add the arrowroot/spice mixture and stir constantly until thick, about ten minutes. When thickened, take off the heat and pour into a glass bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp vinegar.

Shiitake and Young Spinach Dumplings
From Chef Matthew Kenney – 105 Degrees Restaurant, Oklahoma City

Serves 4

COCONUT WRAPPER

2 cups Young Thai Coconut Meat
1 pinch Sea Salt

Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Spread a thin layer on a Teflex sheet and dehydrate for 3-4 hours. Remove from Teflex and invert onto a cutting board. Trim away edges and cut into 3-inch squares.

SPINACH FILLING

2 ½ cups raw Cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours in cool water and drained
2 ½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Sea Salt
2 cups Baby Spinach
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
2 tsp Scallions, minced
2 Tbsp Ginger, minced
1 ½ cups Shiitake, minced

Toss minced shiitake with the olive oil and sea salt, and dehydrate for 1 ½ hours. Toss spinach with the sesame oil and dehydrate for approx. 1 hour until wilted. Chop roughly

In a food processor, pulse the cashews until coarsely minced. In a separate bowl, combine cashews with remaining ingredients. Season with additional Coconut Aminos if desired.

Coconut Secret Adobo
From Dory K. – Albion, CA
(A traditional Philippine dish consisting of braised chicken, fish, or pork)

1 Organic Free Range Chicken
½ Cup Coconut Vinegar
¼ Cup Coconut Aminos
2" Ginger Root Finger (the small offshoots of the main body of the ginger root)
6-8 Garlic Cloves
½ tsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Coconut Nectar or apple juice

Cut chicken into wings, thighs, drumsticks and breasts. Slice breasts in half. Put chicken skin side down into a heavy pot. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover with lid and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. After 30 minutes, turn over chicken pieces. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes until the chicken is tender and sauce is thickened.

Drizzle with a little extra coconut vinegar and some slivered scallions if desired. 

I made my last batch of mayo from start to finish IN the wide mouth Mason jar....threw in a whole egg, yepper, the whole thing, the oil (I used a mix of light olive oil and avocado oil) , let the egg settle to the bottom, add salt, and anything else you want...like lime juice..then just stick in the immersion blender, all the way to the bottom and blend for 20 secs or u till it starts to look like Mayo....then, slowly raise the blender up the jar as it fills with mayo behind you.

Easy peasey. Do I need to know about Feingold?

I think it was missmary I first read about using coconut oil in her mayo - IIRC it was a 50/50 split with avocado oil.... I tend to use walnut oil for my mayo as I like the nutty flavour and it's priced reasonably but I think I'll give this a go. Did you use regular olive oil? Or light tasting...?

I've been making my own aa well, since February, in a food processor, with extra light olive oil. Yummy stuff!

I messed around with the whole "slow-drip" thing for so long. Had a few failed batches that seriously made me want to jump off a cliff. LOL

With the immersion blender, it literally takes SECONDS.

You gotta try some coconut oil in there next time, too! :)

I think it was missmary I first read about using coconut oil in her mayo - IIRC it was a 50/50 split with avocado oil.... I tend to use walnut oil for my mayo as I like the nutty flavour and it's priced reasonably but I think I'll give this a go. Did you use regular olive oil? Or light tasting...?

Yep, I read it from missmary awhile back, also, but hadn't tried it yet. So glad I finally did!

Definitely use light or extra light olive oil. Otherwise (I hear) it is too strong.

Another item I keep meaning to add to my shopping list.... I haven't spotted on sale anywhere here so I guess I'll have to order it from Amazon - along with my copy of Grain Brain...  ;)

Yay! :D If you really read it, gotta share your thoughts.

And I have no idea about international shipping, but I get great deals on stuff online through Vitacost. Maybe check it out if you never have.

I messed around with the whole "slow-drip" thing for so long. Had a few failed batches that seriously made me want to jump off a cliff. LOL

With the immersion blender, it literally takes SECONDS.

You gotta try some coconut oil in there next time, too! :)

Really? I will try coconut oil sometime also! 

The very first time I tried to make mayo, I used the immersion blender, and it didn't work out. At all. It wa a disaster. How do you do it? :)

Really? I will try coconut oil sometime also! 

The very first time I tried to make mayo, I used the immersion blender, and it didn't work out. At all. It wa a disaster. How do you do it? :)

The recipe I use calls for everything to be dumped in a mason jar - no drizzling, no waiting for room temperature - just dump & grind... That said the recipe calls for a cup of oil and in the UK that's approx 225oz so sometimes I don't quite get it right & I have to drizzle a bit more oil in at the end just til it thickens up nicely for me... I use ACV rather than lemon or lime & I mix it up each week with different spices or garlic... Crushed smoked garlic makes it taste REALLY good if you like that kind of thing.

Lancer, I've alerted a cook/chef to the rescue here.  They should be with us shortly.  I know it has to be on a slow mode for the mayo to turn out correctly. Regular blenders ruin it.  I'm your very basic cook and I don't make up any stories or try to cover that up.   No BS up in here.  My husband is the main chef around this joint because he loves to cook and I do all of the clean up.  cleaning-smiley.gif?1292867570

There she is, at your service.  
eating1-smiley.gif?1292867587

Your shipping charges must be a real doozy, jmcbn.  

Coconut-Secret-Organic-Vinegar-380x380.j

Haven't looked yet - just in from the Moscow State Circus (which was awesome by the way - especially for my little gymnast who was in complete awe throughout) so I'll take a look now - I'm hoping they have it on the UK site. I'll also check out the site Brewer recommended for comparison...

Archived