Can I have Psyllium Husk?

hanner1985

That fiber isn't enough for me and I eat 8-10 cups of veggies a day. I use a teaspoon of Metamucil or I'd never have a BM.

Psyllium Husk is permitted (assuming no sweetener or other off-plan ingredients are included) but I would encourage you to try other options for maintaining regularity. Psyllium (and metamucil) works by irritating the colon. Long-term, this isn't the best plan as irritation can lead to other problems.

It may be that after some time eating "whole30-style" you find you do not need this supplement. In the meantime you might want to consider trying magnesium instead. Most people are deficient in magnesium (because our soil is depleted of this important mineral). Adding it often helps with regularity and sleep.

Psyllium Husk is permitted (assuming no sweetener or other off-plan ingredients are included) but I would encourage you to try other options for maintaining regularity. Psyllium (and metamucil) works by irritating the colon. Long-term, this isn't the best plan as irritation can lead to other problems.

It may be that after some time eating "whole30-style" you find you do not need this supplement. In the meantime you might want to consider trying magnesium instead. Most people are deficient in magnesium (because our soil is depleted of this important mineral). Adding it often helps with regularity and sleep.

missmary,

Thanks for the info on Psyllium and Metamucil and recommending magnesium.  This is very valuable.  

Archived