IT'S DAY 30 and we don't want it to end!!!!!!!!

NY2LA2MONTREAL

Today is DAY 30 for me and MR STUDIO CITY.  We just had supper and we said we can continue as we are doing.  We will do a slow roll reintro because we love how we are eating.  Also after reading so many posts in this forum...I personally feel I need to not tempt that sugar dragon just yet. 

Yesterday, I looked at my husband and could really see how his body has changed.  He is a male and we women know men lose faster than us girls.  BUT.... I also feel that my body has changed.  A few days ago -- I really felt "lighter".  My watch band is getting loser and I feel different in my clothes.  My skin is smoother (and I am almost 65 year old) and my face is thinner and I swear it looks less wrinkled (true).

This program has changed both of our lives.  When we had one of our "bookstore dates" where we go to a bookstore and have a Starbucks -- I saw the WHOLE 30 on a sale rack as we walked into to the store.  I took it with us because it looked intriguing -- after perusing it, we decided to buy it.  THE BEST INVESTMENT WE EVER MADE!!!!

We took the book home and I read it thoroughly and made my husband read it thoroughly....because if we were both going to do this -- we both better know exactly what we were doing.

Then came DAY 1....I was overwhelmed with cooking.  The prepping and making sure we always had food, etc.  Thank goodness we are retired ;)  And we were on our way.  It took a few days to get my sea legs with the cooking.  Mr. Studio City is the "Breakfast Man".  He always makes breakfast and who knew that before starting WHOLE 30 his "restaurant worthy" breakfasts were 100% compliant ("Compliant --- a very important new word in our vocabulary).  I would do lunch and dinner.

I learned how to make MAYO....OMG!!!!  Who'd a thunk.  It's DELISH and there is always a jar in the fridge.

I always made sure we had hard boiled eggs in the fridge - in case of an emergency.  Only twice did we really have an emergency where we had to have a Larabar.    2x in 30 days is not bad.

Once I got my sea legs and when Littlefroggie told me about the Paleo Chocolate Chili -- I started really cooking and loving it. 

Took out the GRIDDLER out of storage....made steaks, burgers.   Having steak for breakfast --- who cares -- It's compliant (that word again).

My husband is my greatest critic and I got thumbs up on everything I made.   Tonight for our last dinner of the 30 days I made Chicken Caccitore from the book -- a HOME RUN.

We now buy massive quantities of chicken, steak, ground beef, ground turkey and put our FOOD SAVER to great use.  Another great investment.

I thought going into this program we would have a hard time.  We really didn't.  I started with a bronchial infection but I didn't let it stop me.  We learned how to read labels and learn exactly what we should not be putting into our bodies.  What an education.

We met so many great people in this FORUM.  Their stories are inspiring. ..and a special thank you goes to all the Moderators who "know their stuff".  Those quick and informative answers to all our queries made this program as simple as possible. 

Today I feel the way I did when I stopped smoking in 1991 and I was a smoker.  I went cold turkey and now, I get sick walking near someone who is smoking or just smells like they had been smoking.....why would I want to put that poison back in my body. 

We have a wedding in October.  We are going and will enjoy ourselves...but know we will be making very conscious choices and when we return home...go back to clean eating. :D

For anyone who is just starting --- it works....it really works. 

Today I put on a top I just bought 2 months ago and it was HUGE....I mean HUGE.  So then I took a chance and put on a top I wore a year ago before my weight gain and it was BIG - OMG!!!!! So forget about the scale...the scale after the 30 days showed 10 pounds..which is great (no counting calories, points, etc). But how big the top was -- was my proof about that device known as a scale.  I felt great :D

Then Mr. Studio City and I went out to a restaurant tonight for the first time in 31 days.  We ordered grilled steak, baked potato (nothing on it - but I drizzled some Olive Oil on it) and grilled veggies (we requested be done in Olive Oil) and a house salad and we used pepper and Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar.  We took my mother in law out for dinner.  They brought the potato w/sour cream on the side (sent it back), bread w/ butter (after his mother took what she wanted, we sent it back) :D

THEN when we got home I wanted to see how other clothes fit me...and OMG!!!!  I tried on more things and they were loose ---- I am so happy   THANK YOU WHOLE 30.

Now my husband has to try on his suit because we are going to a wedding and he keeps remarking how he needs a new belt :D

Just wanted to share :)

Awesome news! Score another point for the wisdom of ditching the scale! I keep thinking back to that article on the gal that weighed 155 pounds before AND after.... but what a difference in her shape. You two have done a great job here!

Thanks. We are thrilled and hope to keep it going

Let each of us continue to inspire

Yaaaayyyyy!

I love to read how happy you are / feel through your words.

Way to go!

Thanks. My husband and I are thriiled. I even had my haircut today for a further lift. I told my hairdresser about the Whole 30 and she wanted to know more. She took all the info - go figure☺

Today I made roasted veg, paleo chocolate chili, hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise and now I am going to make chicken meatballs, salmon fish cakes, and chicken thighs.

What I love is the guesswork is removed from cooking☺

Question: I wanted to make something and it called for fish sauce. Do you know where I can find it here in Montreal???

Yaaahhh - compliant fish sauce is a bit like the search for a Dodo bird in these parts.  I have yet to find it.  I have sources who have found in Toronto - but so far I have not been able to find it here. 

What I do is take a tip from Melissa Joulwan - take an anchovy and mush it up with some coconut aminos / rice wine vinegar.

Yaaahhh - compliant fish sauce is a bit like the search for a Dodo bird in these parts.  I have yet to find it.  I have sources who have found in Toronto - but so far I have not been able to find it here. 

What I do is take a tip from Melissa Joulwan - take an anchovy and mush it up with some coconut aminos / rice wine vinegar.

Thanks but.....

where did you find the coconut aminos???   And how much aminos and rice wine vinegar???    How much does this make????

I am going to the states in October -- I hope to find the fish sauce during my time there.

I order Coconut Aminos online from a company called Upaya Naturals.

I usually order a few bottles at a time - so If you want one I can easily get you one.

As another thought you can also add balsamic vinegar instead of coconut aminos - but this only works if the recipe calls for 1 or 2 Tbsp. 

To make "fish sauce" it is 2 tbsp of coconut aminos to 1 pieces of anchovy fillets.

I hope this helps!

Thanks but.....

where did you find the coconut aminos???   And how much aminos and rice wine vinegar???    How much does this make????

I am going to the states in October -- I hope to find the fish sauce during my time there.

I can easily get both in Seattle. You can also buy on Amazon!

Red Boat fish sauce: http://www.amazon.com/Red-Boat-Fish-Sauce-40%C2%B0N/dp/B004M050W2

Coconut Secret coconut aminos: http://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Secret-Organic-Soy-Free-Seasoning/dp/B003XB5LMU

I can easily get both in Seattle. You can also buy on Amazon!

Red Boat fish sauce: http://www.amazon.com/Red-Boat-Fish-Sauce-40°N/dp/B004M050W2

Coconut Secret coconut aminos: http://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Secret-Organic-Soy-Free-Seasoning/dp/B003XB5LMU

Today I found another site thrivemarket.com

Check it out

• 2 weeks later...

Today I put on a top I just bought 2 months ago and it was HUGE....I mean HUGE.  So then I took a chance and put on a top I wore a year ago before my weight gain and it was BIG - OMG!!!!! So forget about the scale...the scale after the 30 days showed 10 pounds..which is great (no counting calories, points, etc). But how big the top was -- was my proof about that device known as a scale.  I felt great :D

Then Mr. Studio City and I went out to a restaurant tonight for the first time in 31 days.  We ordered grilled steak, baked potato (nothing on it - but I drizzled some Olive Oil on it) and grilled veggies (we requested be done in Olive Oil) and a house salad and we used pepper and Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar.  We took my mother in law out for dinner.  They brought the potato w/sour cream on the side (sent it back), bread w/ butter (after his mother took what she wanted, we sent it back) :D

THEN when we got home I wanted to see how other clothes fit me...and OMG!!!!  I tried on more things and they were loose ---- I am so happy   THANK YOU WHOLE 30.

Now my husband has to try on his suit because we are going to a wedding and he keeps remarking how he needs a new belt :D

Just wanted to share :)

You are an inspiration! I will keep thinking of you as I am only in week one. Congratulations on all your many victories together.

Archived