Help! I'm getting sick ...

EliMak79

Go to your local organic market or Vitamin Shoppe and ask for Oil of Oregano.

You should take 4 drops of it every 4 hours until you feel better. The directions will say to drop them on your tongue - DONT. It will burn.

Put it in a teaspoon with organic black cherry juice if you're funny about taste. (my kids say they feel like a fire-breathing pizza-dragon after taking it). Drink a glass of water afterwards and just know that you'll be feeling better in no time.

Oil of Oregano is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, etc. In addition to ingesting it to cure what ails you, you can also put a drop on a blemish and it will start to clear.

We have passed around strep throat in our home for years. Started taking this a couple of years ago and have not had a "sick" doctors visit yet!

i don't know what's going on with me. super sore throat for almost a week now but no other symptoms. and today so crazy thirsty. like i can't drink enough water. probably strep, which i guess will go away. but should be feeling a bit better at day6 i would have thought.

• Moderators

You might choose independently to avoid medications, but the Whole30 does not recommend avoiding over-the-counter or prescription drugs. I take Tylenol when I have a headache and call the doctor when I feel sick and do whatever she recommends. That's my choice for health.

Thanks y'all!!

Marissa, I will look into that. I will be going to our organic market tomorrow for some other stuff so will ask them!

Thanks also, Tom .. I took some cold meds this evening because it had gotten kind of bad. I have a CPR certification class I have to take tomorrow from 8-2pm, so I need to be feeling somewhat functional :)

• 4 weeks later...

I realize it's probably a little late, but I swear by zinc spray or lozenges. Zinc prevents the virus from sticking around if swished around in your mouth a bit. If taken at the first sign of a cold, I can either avoid it or at least make it not last as long as my coworkers or friends.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably too late as well, but I swear by Apple Cider vinegar (with the mother) in my water. A teaspoon or two several times a day when sick or after being exposed. I even have my boys drink it. I really feel that it either wards things of or helps us get better faster.

Archived