Reintro takes 12 days ish, have I got that right?

JBGR

Hi there.  I'm reintroducing things.  I've gone thru soy, then 3 days later, dairy and I have non gluten and then gluten to go.  So in all, with two days in between, that's 12 days, right?   And then after that, say three days after, I'm going to have a glass of wine, so I guess it's 15.  Is this right?  You  try one food group for a day, then take two days break, going back to the full Whole30, even if you have passed a group of foods on a prior intro day.   Is this the play?

Also, I noticed, say about a week into the Whole30 that I just felt calmer.  The way you feel say a day after a massage.  Just calmer and not wound up.  Did anyone else have that?  Could that be related to inflammation?  I kind of felt wound up after soy/legumes day.  Is that possible?   

Thanks in advance.

J

It's entirely possible that the 'wound up' feeling you describe was from the soy/legumes.

It's important, in my opinion, to note not just the physical symptoms, but the emotional/mental ones too.

Sugar & alcohol for instance will no doubt have little effect on the gut, but will undoubtedly effect your mood, your emotions & in turn your food choices.

Did you do soy & legumes on the same day? Some feel it worthwhile spearating out the two as they really are an entirely different kind of a beast.

Also dairy can be broken down into milk, hard cheese, yoghurt etc as the lactose content varies from one item to the next.

Reintro is a very personal thing - only you can tell by listening to your body how each food effects you. How much you break it down really depends on how much you want to learn about what will be good for your body (both physically & emotionally) going forward.

It's important, in my opinion, to note not just the physical symptoms, but the emotional/mental ones too.

Reintro is a very personal thing - only you can tell by listening to your body how each food effects you. How much you break it down really depends on how much you want to learn about what will be good for your body (both physically & emotionally) going forward.

Good advice, thanks!

I have been tinkering with my re-intro plan and reading a few posts, and gradually my re-intro plan has been getting longer & longer based on all the categories & sub-categories. Now I'm thinking.... would it make sense to just test dairy one day, and if there is a reaction to that, then do separate evaluations later on the subcategories? Or might the bad effects from one type of dairy be masked if there is no reaction to the other type, because you haven't ingested enough of the "bad" one?

I am probably over analyzing....  :)

Good advice, thanks!

I have been tinkering with my re-intro plan and reading a few posts, and gradually my re-intro plan has been getting longer & longer based on all the categories & sub-categories. Now I'm thinking.... would it make sense to just test dairy one day, and if there is a reaction to that, then do separate evaluations later on the subcategories? Or might the bad effects from one type of dairy be masked if there is no reaction to the other type, because you haven't ingested enough of the "bad" one?

This is sort of what I've been doing. Like for non-gluten grains.. I did corn, white rice and corn tortillas and did have a relatively minor reaction. So, I've since gone back and tested each of these separately to nail down what caused it (it was the corn - fresh corn and popcorn don't agree w/ my GI tract).  I've done the same thing with dairy.  I think it's worthwhile to really figure out what particular foods you want to avoid flat out, what you can tolerate a tiny bit of v. what you can have more regularly.

besides, it helps to keep me mostly compliant as I continue the experiment n=1 :D

Good advice, thanks!

My advice would be that if you suspect that dairy is going to be problematic in any way then start with the lower lactose items and work your way up. The general rule of thumb is the higher the fat content the lower the lactose, so you could start with an aged cheese and work your way down in fat content & up in lactose content...

Thank you.  I did both soy and legumes so maybe I will split them out and try again.  I also had non gluten grains this am (some oatmeal) and by dinner I felt edgy again.   I'm really surprised by that.  So I'm going to try breaking out soy and legumes and maybe try another day with oatmeal down the line.   Thanks. 

Archived