3rd whole30 and bowel issues

Kco

I started my first whole30 back in February and went roughly 70 days. It helped me tremendously and my digestion was on point. I'm now doing another whole30 because I was getting waaay out of control and I was becoming constipated. Even though my initial first 30 days weren't great because of many issues I had to address I didn't have any digestive issues like this time. I'm eating exactly the same way I did before but I'm on day 23 and my bowels are not regular, not everyday and sludgy (I know, gross). They're ALL like this when I do have one. Prior to starting this round, I was eating very bad, so maybe that's what I'm still working through? Also my husband is doing his first whole30 with me and he's experiencing the same issue and his bowels were normal prior to starting which I feel bad about because of how much I love this program. We're eating hardly any fruit. Any ideas as to what's goin on? Not sure if you need a meal template but we follow the guidelines to a T.

Bf- 3 eggs, sautéed onion and spinach, 2 pieces of no sugar bacon and a tablespoon of mayo and hot sauce.

Lunch- 2 grassfed hotdogs, handful of sauerkraut with mayo and mustard

Dinner- 8 grilled shrimp, zucchini noodles, half a sweet potato with clarified butter and salt

Bf- same thing

Lunch- 1.5 can of tuna made with mayo, onion and tomato, on a bed of romaine lettuce

Dinner- about 2 heaping handfuls of ground turkey made with carrots, onion, fennel and celery, half of a small russet potato that I fried up in duck fat

My husbands meals are the same as mine for breakfast and dinner except with larger portions and he eats the same thing for lunch everyday which is 3.5 heaping handful of ground beef on a bed of romaine with red onion, tomato and banana peppers and a tablespoon of mayo.

I see a few things that could be causing you bowel issues.

- Not drinking enough water: the recommended water consumption is 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

- Not eating enough veggies at every meal. Have you seen the recommended meal template? We recommend 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat per meal. 

- Raw veggies. Besides the changes above, try also switching to all cooked veggies (raw veggies can cause digestive issues for some), and see if that makes a difference.

Sorry I forgot to respond. Thanks for your input! I feel like I follow the template pretty closely but I'll definitely try and add more veggies. My BMs still aren't normal. I'm even thinking I've developed a FODMAP intolerance...even though I've eaten onions for the past 6 months every morning with my breakfast. So with that said I'll try more veggies and low FODMAPs

Archived