Good Results, Continuing on to Day 31

cindytree

I'm completing my first round of Whole30 and I plan to continue. I've seen enough improvements to motivate me to embrace this as a lifestyle rather than just a 30-day challenge.

This has not miraculously resolved my health issues and I can't yet say I feel great and have all kinds of energy but there have been improvements:

- Lower fasting blood glucose. It was in the 110's -120's and even in the 130's now and then before, but during the past 30 days it was consistently in the 90's - low 100's. Normal is below 100 so I feel it is on track.

- Less swelling in my feet and ankles.

- Less joint pain. It isn't gone but I can tell a difference most days.

- Less depression. My depression stemmed from feeling overwhelmed with weight and health issues and I now have hope that I can reverse most of them so that has contributed to a feeling of well-being.

- No more emotional eating. No more going to the fridge as a way to deal with stress.

I got additional affirmation when I measured and weighed myself: 12.5 lbs lost since August 11, and 2.5 inches lost around my waist. I know it may not be as much each month going forward, but I do believe sticking with this plan will eventually get me to my health and weight loss goals. I'm 58, post-menopausal, and insulin-resistant so the results are better than I expected.

The biggest challenge has been the cost because without inexpensive, meal-stretching ingredients like pasta, rice, and beans, it does cost more to eat lean meats, fish, fresh veggies and fruit, especially if I buy organic. But, health care is more expensive so I'll do the best I can with my budget.

Archived