Lancer's second Whole30

LancerLott

Here's the article Brewer is referring to Lancer.

It's your call....!!

Thanks jmcbn and Brewer! Yeah, we won't be eating at that restaurant again. I almost feel like complaining louder to them, because what if a Jewish person keeping kosher ordered that meal? They don't dig on no swine! It's just appalling and yes, I did everything I could have done. It's good to know that accidental sugar doesn't mean a restart. Last night we went to a long-standing, established Middle Eastern/Mediterranean restaraunt near our place. It's the second time we've gone there, and this time, we got gyro salads. They don't put sugar into their salad dressing or in their curries, which is great for us- we can be compliant and eat there, when we don't want to cook at home. 

Today is my 13th day of my Whole30, and I was very hangry a bit ago. I think my meal last night wasn't big enough, and I had the same thing for lunch today. No snacks, so I've been keeping mini meals at work with me. Today I needed mine, so thankfully, I had one here. It was a grass-fed beef Epic bar and some carrot sticks with homemade tahini sauce and SF sunflower butter to dip them in. Saved the day, as I'm stuek here for at least 2.5 more hours.

I can definitely tell when I haven't had enough healthy fats or starchy veggies this time around. Moodiness, yeah, it's been kind of up and down for the past day or so, but today was pretty awesome, because I made squash porridge with coconut butter, coconut milk, cinnamon, and pecans on top, with HB eggs and some sauteed kale, apples, onions, and coconut oil for brekkie. Started today out right! 

Tonight's dinner was amazing! Made paleo chicken fingers with my homemade almond meal- so much better than the store-bought almond meal. I had some leftover arugula mint pesto from some lamb skewers my hubs made for a work potluck. Put that pesto on top of the chucken fingers and made some curried cauliflower for the veggie portion. Put some melted homemade ghee (from Kerrygold butter) on top, and wowza! My tummy was very happy and my mood much improved today!

So yeah, I haven't posted in several days because not much has been happening that I could notice, until the other day. Since I did a Whole60 before, at the beginning of the year, and I didn't veer too far off-track with most off-plan foods, I couldn't tell if anything different really was happening. 

This morning when I woke up, I felt GREAT. Better than ever, I think, but my memory is not good. This was especially good because yesterday I hurt all day. My glutes and leg muscles were very sore all day long. They're a little sore today, but it's bearable. Also, I feel like I could exert myself more than I have been today; no, not MORE, but differently. So I missed the bus this morning by a few minutes, so I walked. This is a thing I should do more often, because my walk to work right now is one mile. It is uphill first, then downhill. Same with going home. What was different was that I had a thought, after reading Mark Sisson's blog earlier this morning, that I COULD possibly do a thing I haven't done since I was a kid (and then failed miserably at). That thing is, sprint uphill. I think I can do it, but I'm not sure when/how to begin. My last client has always been a runner until he hurt his neck. So I asked him how to start, and he gave me great advice: walk a little, run a little, and repeat. Get shoes with shock absorbing soles, because I will *need* them. Thoughts on this? I know that I've heard that those weird barefoot-type shoes are all the rage, but for running? Idk. What I did this morning was a thing my client recommended- I walked FASTER up that hill, and I tried to walk slower down that hill. :D

More about that feeling good thing that happened today. I felt that "Tiger" energy. I don't think I felt it when I did the Whole60, but perhaps I did and can't remember. I hope it continues- I'm on Day #22; so, just past that Interlude day. I didn't dread going to bed cuz of food boredom, though. I have had my husband working on the menu planning with me so that didn't happen this time. I made some new dishes this week and I believe that's helped tremendously.

And...I've some non-scale victories to report:

• I have a V-neck knit shirt that has never been loose. It's a bit loose in the sides of my core atm, and I'm loving that feeling. Also, I have 2 pairs of work pants- they're black khakis. One is Docker's brand; regular fit. Usually, they're a bit tight around my waist because I have a weird body shape there- I've a bunch of saggy skin in my belly from weight loss- it's fat and skin, and it's squishy, making my pants in particular fit very badly. I'd post a photo of my belly, but it's ugly. No one wants to see it!
  • My thighs have more loose skin than before, so I've lost fat there (no saggy fat, just thin skin in that region). I could also feel my collarbone today when sitting down. it has less fat around it. So much different from when I weighed 300 lbs. (long ago, but I weighed that much TWICE).
  • Since that weight, I've mostly weighed in at 265 (stable for months/years at a time), 240 (stable for months/years at a time), or right around 225 (less than one year at a time and more rare/most recent). Before I started this Whole30, I was back up to 211.9. My lowest adult weight has been 190. In my 20's. Once. Only once, and it didn't last more than 2 months, IIRC.

Today is the last day of my Whole30. I won't be reintroducing everything this time, and my reintroducing will be slow. Tomorrow I'll be reintroducing alcohol without sugar. That's right. I'll be having 3 vodka sodas/rocks with lime only. One at each meal. Then none for a week. Next will reintroduce legumes. Then nothing for a week. Then, reintroducing GF grains at formal high tea event, but no added sugar (Except things sweetened with fruit. We already checked).

Update: The alcohol re-intro didn't go well, because I had the drinks with dinner, and I had 3 of them. Just potato vodka with club soda and lime but I felt really awful afterwards and also the next morning. The net time I introduce alcohol, it'll have to be just 1 drink, to see how that goes. 

Today I introduced legmues. I had some black beans with my brekkie- ahi tuna with coconut aminos, cilantro, and lime sauce, atop arugula, with avocado with a soft boiled egg. After I got home from my business partner lunch meeting (grass fed beef sliders, sans bun, with aoil, mustard sauce and fig jam and some onion rings with ketchup), I had some orrganic carrots with some Justin's natural peanut butter. Dinner was paleo fish sticks (almond meal and arrowroot "breaded" cod pieces) and fingerling potatoes with lemon-parsley aoli (homemade of course), and some more black beans on the side, sauteed in a tiny bit of walnut oil. 

No issue with the legumes as of yet. 

Archived