Post wo meal or fourth meal for breastfeeding mum

I am breastfeeding a 7 month old and have been having the larger template meals...ie 3 eggs whole Avo and 3 veg as well as small fruit. I still seem to get hungry 3 hrs later. At first I was way over doing the fruit /nuts/nut butter and after reallsing food w no breaks for me am having more avo /olives/coconut oil rather than nuts w meals. Is it better to have 4 full meals or 3 w pre and post work out meal?

Four proper template meals is fine if you are breast feeding. Its much better to have four well composed meals than relying on handfuls of nuts etc here & there...

The composition of the pre & post WO meals are specifically for muscle repair & fat burning which is not going to suit your needs.

ok so just to confirm when I train late morning (I do some HIIT for about 20 min and some sprints ) should I still just have the template meal 1 when I wake up. Then meal 2 after training, meal 3 in afternoon and meal 4 in evening?

Ah, apologies - I misunderstood your post. As there was no mention of actual training I assumed you were wondering if you should incorporate pre or post WO meals to avoid the need for snacking... My mistake!

No, I'd say you could probably do with including a small postWO meal (of a lean protein & optional starchy carb) IN ADDITION TO your other four meals. The postWO meal need only be a few bites...

Hope this helps!

Archived