Starting mon 21 September. Anybody in?

britgirl

Hi guys!

This will be my first whole 30 so wondering if anyone else is starting then too so we can encourage / be accountable / share the joy and the pain!

My daughter will do it with me to try and help her asthma and allergy but I'll be doing the planning, shopping etc and keeping the rest of the family going. So all encouragement welcome!

Not entirely sure I can pull this off so tips to a newbie from you seasoned graduates welcome too.

But 30 days........how hard can it be? Let's do this

Best wishes

Jenny

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting Monday as well, and I'm also in Eugene Jennieguiol7! I've been waiting for vacation to end and for my birthday to pass to start. Now I'm back and a year older, so it's time! I'm starting after a friend completed 30 Days and shared her journey on Facebook. The more I looked into it the more hope it gave me. My hormones have been out of whack for over a year. I also have frequent headaches, acid reflux, neck pain, allergies, and I'm constantly tired. Last July I gained 7 pounds in a month, my hair turned from curly to flat, I skipped a cycle and my skin dried up. I've consistently gained weight since then with no luck getting any off. All of my hormone levels read normal and I have been searching for answers since last July. My gut feeling tells me Whole30 might start to help solve this mystery. I've also considered a social media "cleanse" for the month and journaling my food/feelings for the month. Are any of you adding in other changes to your Whole30 kick off?

I'm also starting Monday! I'm glad there are others in the same boat as me :) I'm going to spend today meal planning and shopping and hopefully will be able to hit the ground running tomorrow! I was originally only planning to try eating paleo but I recently discovered I'm allergic to eggs so I've decided to do an elimination diet in order to figure out what else I don't tolerate well. I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy about 2 years ago so I am really hoping Whole30 will help with my energy levels. I would absolutely LOVE to go off of my medication. I've seen some of the same problems BaiRae999 listed so hopefully we will both see improvements with those! I am also planning on journaling through this process and keeping a pretty detailed meal log.

Not only new to whole 30 but also new to forums. Was feeling pretty smug that I'd managed to upload a photo ( even if I hadn't brushed my hair first!) but it's appeared sideways. Knickers!

Anyone know how to make me the right way up?

Hi britgirl, I'm guessing you're in the UK?  I am too!  Starting tomorrow with my first Whole 30.  Just read It Starts With Food in the last two days..! My head is spinning but I'm excited and eager.  If you're in the UK too perhaps we can support each other as we can't find all the same foods over here.  (No spaghetti squash to be seen!!)  xx Timi

Not only new to whole 30 but also new to forums. Was feeling pretty smug that I'd managed to upload a photo ( even if I hadn't brushed my hair first!) but it's appeared sideways. Knickers!

Anyone know how to make me the right way up?

Hi britgirl - I think you'll need to flip your photo on your computer & then re-upload with it the right way around.

For those in the UK there is no need to be paying big money on things like coconut aminos and seeking out spaghetti squash - I've been eating this way for a looooong time and have coped perfectly without them!

You can easily adapt recipes you already use, or go down the very simple route of prepping a few types of proteins & different vegetable sides, and keeping a good supply of eggs, tinned fish, olives, avocados, some home-made mayo & salad veg, then each meal time all you need to do is mix & match from what you've got prepared.

Keep it simple.

I, too, am starting tomorrow!  Looking forward to feeling great again.  I ate Paleo for a year several years back and it was the best I've ever felt - joint inflammation was gone during that time - I'm ready for that again!  My struggle will be planning ahead and keeping the right foods on hand, avoiding the amazing pumpkin lattes at our local coffee shop, and social events.  

In Eugene we have this wonderful bike/walk path that goes along the Willamette River. From April to August I was walking approx 5  plus miles a day, I downloaded a walking app. Still didn't see really any weight loss. In August I got a bike and downloaded Map My Ride. I ride 10 plus miles a day, going from Eugene to Springfield and back. I gave up my fav ice cream and sodas. Hopefully this will help add to my weight loss, and of course the health benefits of a better diet. In Eugene, as Bai and Arrow know, we have a long rainy season coming up, so riding outside will be difficult.  I googled how to turn an ordinary bike into a stationary bike and found out I could get a Bike Trainer and convert my bike to an indoor bike. No health issues other than I take a thyroid pill daily and I had gall bladder removed in Feb. I rely on Tums a lot,so I will have to see how this goes. Good luck everyone!

I'm starting tomorrow on my second Whole30. Also the second time I am doing it with my husband. This time around we are eliminating caffeinated drinks like coffee & tea. We will also be approaching reintroduction a little differently by testing combinations of foods rather than individual foods. We learned a lot about our eating habits from the Whole30 so we are mostly doing this again because my husband needs to lose a little more weight and we both just feel so much better when we are on the Whole30. I spent a good part of the day doing food prep, it is definitely key to making this a successful experience. You never want to be caught off guard. Good luck everyone, here's to a successful Whole30! :D

Hi everyone was so busy curdling mayo, roasting chickens and clarifying butter yesterday that I forgot to check in!

Excited to see so many replies - great were in the same boat, let's get each other through this.

Best of luck Fellow newbies Allyson, jennie, BaiRae, rachelEliz, Timi Rockinrain and Stoek1

Mergthemag, AJ10, Hols1 and Kruddock hello and thanks for being there with us. Encouraging you're back for more! Does the food prep get easier? Spent HOURS yday.

Cindytree - wow! Impressed! What's you're biggest tip?

Jmcbn many thanks - keeping it simple sounds v wise.

Proud to report that good old Deliah has just rescued my failed mayo - started with another egg, used the kmix instead of the blender and added the failed one literally drop by drop. Thick and gorgeous!! So excited I forgot to eat breakfast (day one. Durhhhh).

Timi - hope you're mornings started well. Get down to waitrose - 3 chickens for £10! All roasted and ready so here we go!

Good luck everyone! So glad were in this together

Hi all,

also starting today! It's my first time, and i've committed to doing it for 40 days.

Due to a monumentally awful hangover yesterday i didn't get any of my planning or prep done so i had to leg it to tesco first thing to stock up on breakfasty things. 

Looking forward to hearing how you're all doing - good luck!

x

Hey britgirl - I'm in!!!

I am soooo ready to do this  :)

On getting your photo right... bring your photo to your computer desktop and open it up. Change the orientation of it and save it wrong (upside down or something) then open it back up and save it correctly. Go back to your profile here and try uploading it again. It should right itself - at least that's what I did and it worked.

Archived