Starting mon 21 September. Anybody in?

britgirl

Wow! Thanks so much flygrrl! Fantastic advice.

I already bought cheap set of reusacle containers that are not as robust as my fancy tupperware exactly for that reason, If I have to give it away I just will. As for cutlery I was just going to pick some from from a coffee shop past security.

I all depands, I managed to travel with teasing comb that has a long metal pick and cuticule clippers and my friend takes a box of takeway from his girlfriend's favourite thai :)

Anyway, It's all good. I love the fact that almost everybody intends to keep it up to some extand. I think that there is no other way to bring down Big Food and Big Farming companies down than significantly increasing number of conscious consumers who value their health. I wish it could happen very soon. Yesterday I've heard that avarage 8 year old had more sugar in their diet than people during their whole lives just a decade ago. It has to stop. Shocking. No wonder type II diabetis is no longer a late onset disease but a condition we treat children for.

@allyson - 21? What a lovely age, happy to see you are sorting your our relationship with food at such a young age. I am sure it will pay off and make your adult life so much easier!

Love to you all x

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow flygrrl, that is quite a travel schedule! Your name on here sounds very appropriate!:) And it sounds like you are quite prepared, Magdalena! Keep us updated on how your trip goes, if you can.  I am still trying to decide exactly what I want to do re: introduction. I'd like to introduce butter, but I have a container of ghee I made that I need to finish up first. So I might just continue on for a little while before deciding.

Hi you high flyers! Thought I'd posted twice but no sign. Last weekend people! Yeah!! We do seem fewer than when we started but arn't you proud of us? Husbands birthday so am currently preparing afternoon tea which is surprisingly fine. Me and daughter ( the baker) are having nuts and olives and carrots and watermelon in little dishes as they eat bought cake (the smell of freshly baking cake was we decided just too tempting), she's made ginger biscuits and I've made (sorry ladies) sc@nes and cre@m and home made jam. You see this is probably why we've not felt great - years of tea by the fire to undo!

We start reintro as per the book on wed, missing out alcohol. Who would have thought you could get so very excited about chick peas??

You mega dudes carrying on?

Last day!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..........last day before reintro. 10 more days to assess and then well have our plans for life. Whoop whoop.

Constant vigilance guys! Found myself considering using the ketchup on the table this am with my eggs bacon and fried brussels (not bad actually) rather than walking all of 10 steps to the fridge to get the unpleasant W30 one. But only considered. Would be so cross not to have taken this all the way for the sake of 12 hours.

Hope all is going well with you guys.

Magdalena - not read about on front page news so assume you made it through security with your tuna intact.......

Flygrrl - in awe of your schedule. Said it before and I'll say it again - Ninja!

Lainey - have you decided what to do re reintro yet? Wd be nice to have a reintro buddy. In scared that if I carry on one day I'll just fall off the wagon and will have learned nothing so were doing by the book. Though daughter has big baking commission this weekend - gluten free lemon cakes, a birthday cake involving lots of chocolate and savoury muffins. Think of us! Maybe duck tape over the mouth.......

Day 26, is it

Regarding reintroduction: I am going to do my BEST to really pay attention and do it the right way. I want to know what foods affect me and there is no better time than now to find out. Friends I've talked to all say they regret not doing reintroduction. My 21st birthday is the at the end of reintroduction so that day may be wheels off. After that going to try and keep the "house compliant/eat out whole30ish" mentality. I still have some goals I want to reach and I think I could turn this into a lifestyle!

Let us know how it goes. You stating with alcohol or legumes? Your comment about your friends stopped me reaching for the Heinz this am - thanks! We've really nearly done this!

Hey!!! Ack! I'm not disappeared, just super busy with work. So sorry!!

Can't believe it's Day 30! I feel strong and happy and, well, my body still looks the same. :) But my skin is smoother, and I really DO have more energy. 

I would like to stick with some sort of group if people are up for it, Lainey and britgirl and anyone else? I've been thinking about reintro. Last Saturday was my birthday - fine being compliant - but my husband and I have a reservation at a great local farm-to-table place for dinner this Friday. I am not trying to be compliant that day, and I know I will have alcohol, dairy, and sugar at a minimum. I realize this will throw off my reintro, but I honestly think it's worth it. And then, Saturday, we're back to being compliant at home and Whole30ish away from the house. Let's just say no to sugar and junk and dairy - all the things that are delicious but NOT worth it on any kind of regular basis! 

Back to work - sorry for posting and running. :) Hope you're all well and reveling in Day 30!

Happy Belated Birthday Jen!! The restaurant you are going to this weekend sounds amazing -- please let us know how it goes!

I would love to continue to chat with you all about reintro, W30 stuff, and life/non W30 stuff! Someone should start a thread in the reintro section and I will definitely follow over there. :-)

As far reintroductions go, I've decided that I definitely want to reintroduce butter, whole fat yogurt, and maybe a little bit of cheese -- but I am going to do it via the slow roll reintroduction and not blast my body with all of that dairy all at once.  I'm also going to go a little more lax on sugar but just when eating out, and that probably isn't going to be very often (didn't go out to eat much before W30 either). I am not planning on introducing gluten, grains, or milk. I've actually been researching keto as a next step...possibly doing a keto version but without artificial sugars ... concentrating more on clean, whole foods -- something I can ponder more on in the next thread LOL!

The best and most obvious things I've noticed at the end of this Whole30:

*Clear skin -- no breakouts or clogged pores!!! I keep wanting to touch my cheeks because they feel so smooth LOL

*Lots of energy! 

*In a better mood

*Clothes fit better

*Can go for much longer without food without getting grumpy:)

Day 30.. it's here!

Can't believe we've made it this far. Congratulations to everyone who has completed the challenge!

Feeling like a bottomless pit today (HUNGRY) knowing tomorrow I could go totally wheel's off and eat whatever I want. That being said, I am NOT going to eat whatever I want. Planning on staying compliant except I'm going to have peanut butter, hummus and black beans. I'm doing the fast-track reintroduction because I am curious what foods affect me (I suspect Dairy and Corn...) and see what food is WORTH reincorporating into my everyday diet.

As I go with reintroduction, I am also going to be more relaxed regarding salad dressing/ketchup/almond milk/larabars/etc. I don't think this is a bad thing as I move from "program" to "lifestyle". Not going to add back in snacking, don't miss that habit! Let me know if someone starts a reintro thread :) 

We made it!!!! Woo hoo!

I'm thinking of today as "Day 30 + 1." On Wednesdays I'm out of the house from 6am to 9pm, so everything's already packed and compliant. Really eager to keep on keeping on. 

I'm going to go start a thread in the Reintroduction section. Be right back with the link!

Well done guys - you made it!!

Be proud & think carefully about following through on reintros vs. falling face first into a pint sized tub of Ben & Jerry's - which I know might sound the perfect way to spend the day but, well.... think of why you came here in the first place!  ;) 

Good luck going forward...........  :)

Archived