dizzy and lightheadedness

tdquast

On Day 24 of my first whole 30 and have been having episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness.  I'm pretty sure that I've been eating enough and getting enough to drink.  I'm at a loss.  I do work 12 hr graveyard shifts and am at the end of my work week right now.  I don't sleep the greatest during the day.  Usually get around 5-6 hours of sleep on a typical work day.  there was a day that I got so dizzy while laying down that it was hard to actually get up out of bed.  Got to a point of nausea.  

My meals today were: 

#1 - leftover pot roast w/carrots and potatoes, spinach, two eggs over easy, banana and watermelon 

#2 - chicken breast cooked in olive oil seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, zucchini and prosciutto sauteed in coconut oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, sliced avocado - two medjool dates.

#3 - sloppy joes made with ground turkey/ground beef and compliant homemade ketchup, seasoning on a sweet potato with sliced avocado

yesterday 

#1 - 3 scrambled eggs w/potatoes, onions, mushrooms and turkey patty

#2 - sloppy joes (above), sweet potatoe, avocado, banana - cashews and almonds 

#3 - spinach chicken salad with veggies, green olives and homemade whole 30 ranch dressing 

Any insight would be appreciated 

Your food looks good.

How much water are you drinking?  Our recommendation is 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

Are you regularly salting your food (I see you called it out on one meal)?

It would also help if you can get closer to 8 hours of sleep.

• Moderators

The composition of your meals sounds good, but working 12 hour shifts and sleeping only 5-6 hours suggests that you need to eat at least 4 meals and maybe 5. If you are eating meal planning template sized meals - http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf- that is enough for a normal person who works 8 hours and is not especially active during those hours. If you are on your feet a lot, very active, and going for 4 hours longer at work than most people, your body is burning more energy and needs more nourishment. 

thank you all.  I was kind of thinking that I might need to eat more on my work days.  It's really tough to get 8 hours of sleep on those days.  I just don't sleep well during the day.  I am very active.  I am a mother of 4 boys that are also very active. I usually work out 5-6 days a week, although I haven't worked out in about a week due to packing as we are moving from California to Minnesota.  I will try to get more in during my work days, although I'm at the point right now where there are a lot of days I'm just not that hungry and I have to force myself to eat a  meal.  Other than the dizziness, I have been feeling really great, no bloating or yucky feeling in my stomach.  Overall, feeling really good. 

Thank you all again

Archived