Well Fed's chocolate chili

idauria

I made this for dinner tonight along with their mashed cauliflower to put on the bottom. It was a hit with all family members! Both my kids even had seconds. However, I wasn't totally enthralled with the cauli mash. Not sure I was diggin the coconut milk in there. Maybe I am just not used to the flavor. It was good but not awesome. Maybe I'd add less next time. Overall a great meal though!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made chocolate chill last weekend but am finding it hot. Maybe i put too much chill in it. I also made Mel's 'the best chicken you will ever eat'. Also found that too spicy, so will have to tone it down. Will definitely try the chocolte chill again though (just with less chill).

also agree that Avocado can make just about anything better :)

Now I'm really wanting some!!! Lol

I am serving mine over spaghetti squash which is cooking in my slow cooker right now. :)

I am out of beef stock and waiting on bones to arrive to make more, will chicken stock be okay for this recipe?

I hope so because that is what I have in my freezer and what I am planning on using.

I made this for dinner last night. I used ground turkey and held back a little on the cumin. I didn't want it too hot. It was ok, but something was missing. Although I ate it. then today I heated some of it and put some home made ketchup in it and served it over zucchini noodles. boy was it terrific!! I also had cucumber noodles with mayo. What a great lunch. As you can see I just received my noodle cutter and love it. I can see all sorts of uses for it.

I made this for dinner last night. I used ground turkey and held back a little on the cumin. I didn't want it too hot. It was ok, but something was missing. Although I ate it. then today I heated some of it and put some home made ketchup in it and served it over zucchini noodles. boy was it terrific!! I also had cucumber noodles with mayo. What a great lunch. As you can see I just received my noodle cutter and love it. I can see all sorts of uses for it.

Just so you know..cumin is not hot. Tasty, yes, but not hot. :)

those of you that tried it with chicken broth, does that work well? I don't have any bones to make beef stock, which is what it calls for. Found some of the compliant chicken stock at whole foods, so I can use that. Is there a store-bought compliant beef broth? I tried to search but couldn't find one...that could be due to my ridiculous head cold going on now though! ;)

. It was a hit with all family members! Both my kids even had seconds. However, I wasn't totally enthralled with the cauli mash. Not sure I was diggin the coconut milk in there.

I haven't made this yet but I can't wait. However rather than mashed cauliflower, I think I'd make cauliflower 'rice' with it

Made this for dinner tonight and I thought it was crazy good!!! I used chicken broth because I couldn't find any compliant beef broth and I thought it was just fine. It turned out very thick. Not sure if that's how it was supposed to be or if mine simmered at too high of heat? I don't know, but either way, two solid thumbs up! I definitely over ate.... :)

Archived