HELP! Breakfast SUCKS!!!

MrAlex

Why does it suck?  Well I'm glad you asked.  It sucks because I have no idea what to eat in the A.M. while starting this 30 day program (which I have started today).  I had eggs with spiniach and red bell peppers and a bananna for breakfast and black coffee.  Okay day 1.  What about day 2?  Can't eat ham, bacon, turkey bacon, pork sausge so what else is left meat wise and am I stuck with eggs every single day.  I can admit I can't think outside the box right now as I am thinking of traditional breakfast so I am begging someone here to please give me some out of the box ideas (unconventional if you will) for breakfast cause if not for the next 30 days I'm stuck with a spinach omlette and black coffee and a bananna.  Thanks

• Moderators

Lots of past discussions on this, google Whole30 no egg breakfasts for more, but here's one to get you started. It's best to try to stop thinking of it as breakfast, and just think in terms of meal1, meal2, and meal3 -- anything you can eat for one meal, you can eat for any other.

You can make your own sausage (This one is pretty spicy, but gives you a starting point, just leave out the sugar she calls for), and there are compliant bacon sources around -- Google Whole30 bacon for past discussions on that one too, I know some brands have been mentioned. There's also U.S. Wellness Meats that you can order from online.

I have learned to love breakfast as "meal 1" and Mr. Alex, I almost never eat eggs for meal 1.  My absolute fave breakfast is a compliant sausage.  If you are in the States, the Aiden brand has a compliant chicken apple on that is really good.  Don't bother with breakfast sausages - go for the real deal.  Then I load up the plate with veggies:  I like to have roasted brussels sprouts, plus something starchy like mashed sweet potatoes or roasted parsnips.  I cook up all the veggies on the weekend and have a variety in the fridge because I don't have time to cook in the morning otherwise.  Add a quarter or half avocado, and sip a cup of bone broth.  That right there is my perfect Meal 1.  

The sausage higs is referring to is Aidells:

https://aidells.com/products

I'm pretty sure the chicken & apple is the only flavor that has no sugar.

I like to slice the sausage down the middle lengthwise and brown it in a pan in some ghee, and then we eat it dipped in homemade mayo.

My husband and I keep lots of bags of frozen veggies on hand (make sure there's no corn or peas or Lima beans in the veggies), and we have them on the side for breakfast.

I make a breakfast hash using Aidell's chicken apple sausage.  Once every week or two, I slice several Aidell sausages and brown them in ghee.  Then I saute up a bunch of veggies  - this week's version is turnips, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomatoes.  Stir in the sauteed sausages and you have breakfast hash.  It's great on it's own or topped with a couple of eggs.  To save me time in the mornings, I freeze individual portions.  You can use whatever veggies you like.  I've used white and sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, squash - pretty much anything.

This morning's M1 was leftovers - turkey breast, baked sweet potato topped w ghee, coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds and cabbage that was sauted in compliant bacon grease.

Thank you too all for the suggestions.  I don't think I can have the Aidells Sausage until after my 30 days as I see it has 2% sugar (unless its because it's coming from the apple, pineapple, peach and pear).  Not sure if I can have the sweet potato until after the 30 days either so yes I'm going to have to think in terms of meal 1, 2, 3 for the time being but thanks too all.  I appreciate it.

I have learned to love breakfast as "meal 1" and Mr. Alex, I almost never eat eggs for meal 1.  My absolute fave breakfast is a compliant sausage.  If you are in the States, the Aiden brand has a compliant chicken apple on that is really good.  Don't bother with breakfast sausages - go for the real deal.  Then I load up the plate with veggies:  I like to have roasted brussels sprouts, plus something starchy like mashed sweet potatoes or roasted parsnips.  I cook up all the veggies on the weekend and have a variety in the fridge because I don't have time to cook in the morning otherwise.  Add a quarter or half avocado, and sip a cup of bone broth.  That right there is my perfect Meal 1.  

The sausage higs is referring to is Aidells:

https://aidells.com/products

I'm pretty sure the chicken & apple is the only flavor that has no sugar.

I like to slice the sausage down the middle lengthwise and brown it in a pan in some ghee, and then we eat it dipped in homemade mayo.

My husband and I keep lots of bags of frozen veggies on hand (make sure there's no corn or peas or Lima beans in the veggies), and we have them on the side for breakfast.

I make a breakfast hash using Aidell's chicken apple sausage.  Once every week or two, I slice several Aidell sausages and brown them in ghee.  Then I saute up a bunch of veggies  - this week's version is turnips, onions, mushrooms, red peppers and tomatoes.  Stir in the sauteed sausages and you have breakfast hash.  It's great on it's own or topped with a couple of eggs.  To save me time in the mornings, I freeze individual portions.  You can use whatever veggies you like.  I've used white and sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, squash - pretty much anything.

This morning's M1 was leftovers - turkey breast, baked sweet potato topped w ghee, coconut milk and a sprinkle of coconut and almonds and cabbage that was sauted in compliant bacon grease.

• Administrators

Thank you too all for the suggestions.  I don't think I can have the Aidells Sausage until after my 30 days as I see it has 2% sugar (unless its because it's coming from the apple, pineapple, peach and pear).  Not sure if I can have the sweet potato until after the 30 days either so yes I'm going to have to think in terms of meal 1, 2, 3 for the time being but thanks too all.  I appreciate it.

Hi Mr. Alex.  It's the ingredients that you need to be worried about.  Naturally occurring sugars such as from sweet potatoes, fruits and most other foods are of no consequence.  It is any sugar or sweetener that is added to the product during manufacturing/cooking that is not permitted.

Like everyone else already said, you have to change your thinking about breakfast. Breakfast (or meal 1) can be anything you want it to be. For example, I ate pot roast with carrots and onions and coffee with coconut milk this morning at 6AM (I start work at 7). It may feel weird eating things like pot roast or grilled chicken in the morning, but you'll get used to it. It took doing the autoimmune protocol to break me of eating only eggs and traditional "breakfast foods" in the morning.

Breakfast was tough for me too. I just can't wrap my head around the "meal 1" idea and sit down to broiled salmon and root veggies.  So, every morning I grate a carb (potato, sweet potato, beet) into a pan with a little coconut oil. When it's crispy, I add cooked meat (I use whatever we have left over, and currently I'm working through some lemon chicken and venison steaks), then crack three eggs on top. Then I sprinkle a couple handfuls of chopped green (spinach, kale, beet, and I suppose you could use peppers but I abhor them,  etc) and let that all steam together. I find that I can vary the ingredients enough so that I don't get really bored. I will also sometimes add different spices, pepper, etc. for different flavors. 

Good luck on your journey!

Archived