Starting September 28 anyone else?

suzanyk

Hello everyone,

I'll be starting the Whole30 next Monday, September 28th. This is probably my 5th time if I'm not wrong, but my last one was the only I managed to complete with zero slips. 

No one else in my family is joining me and I'm scared this time is going to be extra tuff because I'm currently working during the day and arriving late at home, so I'll have to plan meals during the weekend and freeze as many as I can. On my previous Whole30s I had so much free time to search for recipes and cook them everyday, but now I know that if I'm not careful I'll probably eat whatever I see when the hunger hits. And if things weren't difficult enough I must add that I work at a food (candy/chocolate/biscuits) factory, so temptation is everywhere!!! Plus, the cafeteria at work has zero compliant food.

So if anyone is starting as well, let's join forces!!

I made the commitment to post pictures of all my meals at my instagram account @skgoeswhole30 in case anyone wants to follow and find ideas. Also I'd love to follow more people!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 

This is going to be my first time to try the program. 

I would love to start with you. I am kind of in the same situation because I am the only one in my family to try this. 

Plus I work at a restaurant right now. So I know how tempting it is when you're exposed to food all the time... :S

I would like to join your group. I had a successful W30 in May and since then I slowly drifted back to unhealthy eating. I have Graves' disease (thyroid condition) and when I eat carbs/sugar I feel horrible, yet I still eat the crap! So, it's best for my health to stay on this type of diet. But I need your support since I'm a carb/sugar addict ;-) My intervention starts Monday!

Spending the weekend brushing up on It Starts w/Food and Well Fed recipes. Already did my Costco shopping and now off to Whole Foods. Tomorrow I'll make Mayo and Dressings, and some kind of egg casserole for the work week. I'll cut up veggies and cook some meat for lunches too. I'm excited to start and can't wait to feel better.

Be sure to weigh and measure. And take your before picture.

See you Monday!

This is probably my 4th or 5th time as well. My first time I was successful, but each time after, I became less successful. I'm full of excuses that will lead me back to my favorite carbs and sugar.

I have a new job that has me waking up 2 & 1/2 hours earlier than my previous job. This has led to less exercising and less preparation and horrible food choices. At this pace, none of my clothes will fit in 2 weeks.

This forum has helped so much in the past. I look forward to joining you all on this journey!

Yea, I'm so glad I found this!  I am definitely with you guys!  This is my first whole30 and I am 6 months pregnant.  I usually eat really clean, but this pregnancy has led to all sorts of unhealthy cravings and eating and I'm sick of feeling sluggish, bloated and yucky!  I'm nervous about having the will power to do this against all of the crazy pregnancy hormones, but I'm really looking forward to feeling better for me and baby:)

Hi! I'm starting tomorrow too and would love to join you. This is my first Whole30. I did a kind of practice run for 5 days last week (Monday - Friday) and definitely felt better after the first couple of days when I was grouchy (probably due to sugar withdrawal). The toughest part was going to my brother and sister-in-law's for dinner - they had made pork tenderloin fried with panko breadcrumbs, and I could have said no, but I was so hungry that I ate it. It was a learning experience - next time I will bring Whole30-compliant food with me, or just not let myself get so hungry. 

I left my job and am starting a yoga teacher training program tomorrow, so I figured that this is a good moment to embark on the Whole30 - going for really holistic health and wellness. Additionally, tonight there is a lunar eclipse, and various astrologically-minded friends keep telling me that this is an especially auspicious time for leaving behind old habits and embracing new ways of being! 

Glad to "meet" you all and to be doing this together!

Hello! I am starting as well. I did one spring 2014 and was shocked I made it the whole 30 days. I have said I will do one again and never did. I am excited! I have not been eating well and I feel like crap because of it. I look forward to helped each other stay with it and motivated.

Hey there! I am going to be starting my first Whole30 tomorrow :) I am a pescatarian so will be integrating a lot of fish/ shrimp, etc to my daily diet. I am a health coach and am looking forward to experiencing this for myself so that I can use this as an option for my clients in the future. I will be posting my experience, meals, etc on Instagram, as well: b.b.wellness is my name on there. Can't wait to hae support on here as I am sure there are going to be moments where leaning on others will be very important. Can't wait for tomorrrow!

I am joining you all as well for my second w30...and my second restart to get through it! Want to get a fully compliant w30 all the way though and then a careful, systematic, reintroduction....unlike my first time.

This is a super way of eating and feeling great for me...and a wonderful but challenging template to examine my relationship with food, my brain training, and my food addictions. I am enjoying trying new recipes and powering up my Instapot electric pressure cooker...persuaded to get it by Michelle Tam from NomNom paleo...love her podcasts.

rKrzywda, worrying about your stress level...makes staying compliant such a challenge. I hope you can find little ways to take care of you and big ways to organize in advance to make this really supportive for all you are trying to do..

To everyone, be well no be excited!

So good to see that I won't be alone during the next 30 days!!!  :D

I did some shopping today and prepping as well.  I was super excited! But now I'm a bit upset. I was hoping I could have meals for the next 5 days (lunch and dinner) ready to eat in the fridge, but it kinda worries me that all the steamed food won't be as healthy after one or two days. Also, after steaming, washing and cutting everything, I realized I'll be eating the same stuff almost everyday!!

Anyone else facing the same problem or is this just me being picky?

Suzanyk, you can mix it up next week if you get totally bored with what you have prepped. Personally, I would opt any day for advance prep even if it comes with boredom, rather than scrambling and going off road...

Also, check out some great sauces or dressings to spice things up. Try bizarro combos...kale+sweet potato+blueberries+protein of choice...YUM. You wil be fine..but if you get totally bored you can always freeze some of what you have prepped and strike out in a new direction.

Hi

I'm starting today!

My first attempt :)  - all support and encouragement gratefully received.

I am a 40 something single mom and full time teacher and I have let my health slide somewhat over the last year following becoming a lone parent.

I am ready to make some really positive changes for myself, and my 11 y.o. daughter is fully on side, although not following the plan. We are both gluten free anyway as she is coliac and I am gluten intolerant - -I just have a really, really sweet tooth and also drink far to much pepsi max/coke zero; I am anticipating some headaches in the coming week.....

Hi Second star to the right,

The sweet tooth does eventually go away, but you will probably have a few headaches! I found fruit to help this, just try not to eat too much of it:)

Fruit will actually feed the sugar habit - best to go cold turkey & stamp it out completely with fats - if a craving comes that won;t go away with some kind of a distraction technique (ie. a walk in the fresh air, painting your nails, phoning a friend, making a mug of herbal tea etc) then try a handful of olives, or even a spoonful of coconut or macnut oil.

Nothing will kill the sugar dragon like fat.

Ditto to jmcbn,s comment about fruit. Bad news, I know...but, after 30, if you wish, you can carefully add it back in. I found I was using fruit AS dessert...which just reinforces the "end of a meal, time for dessert" syndrome. dates were my favorite...real sugar bombs as well named by someone from another forum. I am off loading my dates at work today..outta here!

I like to add fruit in to savory dishes...but will try to leave it at that this time 'round. Fat is where it's at...

... dates were my favorite...real sugar bombs as well named by someone from another forum....

I like to add fruit in to savory dishes...but will try to leave it at that this time 'round. Fat is where it's at...

Yup. There are more grams of sugar per 100 grams in medjool dates than there are in most candy bars. Also worth noting is that dates contain fructose and the only organ capable of processing fructose is the liver (think fatty liver disease), which just goes to show that your body doesn't really care if you eat fruit or candy - sugar is sugar is sugar....

Thank you everyone for your comments re sugar-having olives on standby is a great suggestion

Should I cut out fruit totally then? I had some this morning -a nectarine with avocado, spinach and cucumber (yummy!) I was planning on having a nectarine or apple or handful of berries each day as part of a meal.

Sugar is definitely my down fall though!

Archived